Located in south central Wisconsin, Athens is a great place to bring the family for a weekend getaway or a longer vacation. There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Athens, including visiting the local farms, playing in one of the many parks, or exploring the trails.
Families can visit the1007 acre W ferocious l State Wildlife Area which includes a nine-mile looped trail system great for hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, or snowshoeing. There are also many opportunities to view wildlife, including deer, eagles, and turkeys.
The farmers markets are always a hit with kids and adults alike. There are three different farmers markets in Athens, all held on different days throughout the week. The markets offer a variety of locally grown fruits, vegetables, flowers, and more.
If you’re looking for a place to cool off on a hot summer day, head to the Crystal Creek Water Park. The water park features a lazy river, two waterslides, a sprayground, and a pool. There’s also a sand volleyball court and a picnic area.
Athens is a great place to bring the family for a fun and affordable vacation. With so many kid-friendly activities, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Athens, Wisconsin
1. Visit the Capital Brewery. The Capital Brewery is a great place for kids to learn about the brewing process and taste some delicious beer. There are tours available for groups of 10 or more.
2. Take a hike on the Ice Age Trail. The Ice Age Trail is a great place for kids to explore the outdoors and get some exercise. There are many different trails to choose from, so there is sure to be one that is perfect for your family.
3. Visit the Dells Mill. The Dells Mill is a historic grist mill that is now open for tours. Kids will enjoy learning about the history of the mill and seeing how flour is made.
4. Play mini golf at the Pirate’s Cove. The Pirate’s Cove is a great place for kids to challenge themselves with a game of mini golf. This course is full of fun obstacles and challenges.
5. Go fishing at Lake Wazeecha. Lake Wazeecha is a great place to take the kids fishing. There are many different types of fish that can be caught, so everyone is sure to have a good time.
6. Play at the Castle Park. The Castle Park is a great place for kids to explore and play. There are many different play structures for them to climb on and explore.
7. Have a picnic at the Riverside Park. The Riverside Park is a great place to have a picnic. There is a playground for the kids to play on, and the river is a great place to cool off in on a hot day.
8. Visit the Thrasher Opera House. The Thrasher Opera House is a great place to take the kids to see a show. There are many different types of shows that are offered, so there is sure to be something that your family will enjoy.
9. Go swimming at the YMCA. The YMCA is a great place to take the kids swimming. There is a pool for everyone to enjoy, and the staff is always there to help.
10. Play at the Crystal Cave. The Crystal Cave is a great place for kids to explore and play. There are many different activities for them to do, and the cave is a great place to cool off in on a hot day.