Looking for fun things to do with kids in Athens, Tennessee? There are plenty of options for family-friendly fun in this historic city. Start your visit at the Athens Area History Museum, where kids can explore exhibits on the city’s founding, early settlers, and Civil War history. Then, head to the McMinn County Living Heritage Museum to learn about the county’s agricultural past. For some outdoor fun, visit the Athens City Park, where you can picnic, play on the playground, and take a stroll along the scenic trails. If you’re looking for a splashing good time, head to the Splash Pad at Riverside Park. And, no visit to Athens would be complete without a stop at the Mayfield Dairy Farm, where you can tour the facilities, sample the delicious ice cream, and pet the cows!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Athens, Tennessee
1. Visit the International Storytelling Center – The International Storytelling Center is a great place to take kids of all ages. There are plenty of activities to keep them entertained, including storytelling sessions, workshops, and puppet shows.
2. Go on a Scenic Train Ride – Athens is home to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, which offers a variety of scenic train rides through the scenic Tennessee Valley.
3. Visit the Mayfield Dairy Farm – The Mayfield Dairy Farm is a great place to take kids for a tour and see how milk is made. They also offer a variety of dairy products for sale.
4. Go Fishing at the Tennessee River – The Tennessee River is a great place to go fishing, and there are plenty of spots to fish from shore or from a boat.
5. Take a Hike on the Cumberland Trail – The Cumberland Trail is a great place to take a hike with kids. There are plenty of scenic views and interesting things to see along the way.
6. Visit the Athens Zoo – The Athens Zoo is a great place to take kids to see a variety of animals. They also offer educational programs and tours.
7. Go for a Bike Ride – Athens is a great place to go for a bike ride, and there are plenty of trails to explore.
8. Visit the McMinn County Living Heritage Museum – The McMinn County Living Heritage Museum is a great place to take kids to learn about the history of the area. They offer a variety of exhibits and programs.
9. Go Bowling – Athens is home to a handful of bowling alleys, making it a great place to take kids for a fun afternoon.
10. See a Movie at the Historic Ritz Theatre – The Historic Ritz Theatre is a great place to take kids to see a movie. They offer a variety of old and new releases.