Asotin is a beautiful, kid-friendly town in Washington state. There are many things to do here that will keep your children entertained, including hiking, fishing, swimming, and visiting the local animal shelter. The town is also home to a number of parks and playgrounds, as well as a number of excellent restaurants that serve healthy, kid-friendly meals. If you’re looking for a place to take your family for a weekend getaway or a longer vacation, Asotin is an excellent choice.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Asotin, Washington
1. Visit the Asotin County Historical Museum- The Asotin County Historical Museum offers a wide variety of exhibits and displays that focus on the history of the area. Visitors can learn about the Native American tribes that once inhabited the region, the Lewis and Clark expedition, the early settlers, and the area’s role in the development of the Northwest. The museum also houses a research library and hosts a variety of educational programs throughout the year.
2. Take a stroll through Riverside Park- Riverside Park is a beautiful park located along the Snake River. The park features a walking trail, picnic areas, a playground, and a gazebo. Visitors can also enjoy stunning views of the river and the surrounding mountains.
3. Go fishing at Hells Canyon- Hells Canyon is a wild and scenic river located just outside of Asotin. The river is home to a variety of fish including trout, bass, and salmon. Anglers can fish from the shore or from a boat. A valid Washington State fishing license is required.
4. Hike to Shoup Bay Falls- Shoup Bay Falls is a beautiful waterfall located just a short hike from Asotin. The easy, 1-mile round trip hike follows a well-marked trail through the forest. Along the way, visitors will enjoy views of the river and the canyon. The falls cascade over a cliff into a pool of water below, making for a spectacular sight.
5. Visit the Asotin Zoo- The Asotin Zoo is a small, but fun zoo located in Riverside Park. The zoo is home to a variety of animals including llamas, alpacas, sheep, pigs, goats, chickens, and rabbits. The zoo also features a petting zoo, where kids can get up close and personal with the animals.
6. Explore the Asotin Pool and Water Slide- The Asotin Pool and Water Slide is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day. The pool features a waterslide, diving board, and a shallow kiddie pool. The pool is open to the public from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
7. Play a round of golf at the Asotin Municipal Golf Course- The Asotin Municipal Golf Course is a 9-hole, par 3 golf course located on the outskirts of town. The course is open to the public and offers a challenging, yet fun, round of golf.
8. Go for a swim at the Asotin Splash Park- The Asotin Splash Park is a great place for kids to cool off on a hot summer day. The park features a variety of water features, including sprinklers, fountains, and a large splash pad. The splash park is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
9. Watch a movie at the Asotin drive-in theater- The Asotin drive-in theater is a great place to catch a classic movie on a summer night. The theater features a large screen and a concessions stand. Cars can tune in to the movie audio on their radio. The drive-in theater is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
10. Go for a walk or ride your bike along the Snake River levee- The Snake River levee is a paved trail that follows the river for 2 miles. The trail is open to pedestrians and bicyclists and offers stunning views of the river and the canyon.