There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Asheboro, North Carolina! For starters, the downtown area offers a number of shops and restaurants that the whole family can enjoy. The North Carolina Zoo is also a popular spot for families, and is home to over 500 animals. If you’re looking for something a little more active, the Greensboro Science Center and the Richard Petty Museum are both great options.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Asheboro, North Carolina
1. Visit the North Carolina Zoo: The North Carolina Zoo is the largest natural habitat zoo in the world and is home to more than 1,600 animals. The zoo offers a variety of educational opportunities, including behind-the-scenes tours, animal encounters, and hands-on activities.
2. Play at the Splash Pad at Bicentennial Park: The Splash Pad at Bicentennial Park is a great place to cool off on a hot day. The park also features a playground, picnic pavilions, and a walking trail.
3. Go for a swim at the Randolph Aquatic Center: The Randolph Aquatic Center is a state-of-the-art facility that features a leisure pool, lap pool, and diving well. The center also offers a variety of fitness classes and swim lessons.
4. Take a ride on the Asheboro Carousel: The Asheboro Carousel is a historic landmark and one of the only surviving wooden carousels in the country. The carousel is located in the heart of downtown and offers rides for all ages.
5. Visit the Richard Petty Museum: The Richard Petty Museum is dedicated to the life and career of NASCAR legend Richard Petty. The museum features a variety of exhibits, including Petty’s race cars, trophies, and memorabilia.
6. Go for a walk or ride your bike on the Uwharrie National Forest trails: The Uwharrie National Forest offers over 50 miles of trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. The forest is also home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, turkeys, and black bears.
7. Play mini golf at Ace’s Fun Center: Ace’s Fun Center offers a variety of fun activities for the whole family, including mini golf, go-karts, laser tag, and arcade games.
8. Visit the badgers at the Randolph County Badger Habitat: The Randolph County Badger Habitat is home to a family of American badgers. The Habitat is open to the public and offers educational programs about these unique animals.
9. Catch a movie at the IMAX Theater: The IMAX Theater at the Randolph Mall offers a unique movie-going experience with its state-of-the-art sound and visuals. The theater also features a variety of educational and family-friendly films.
10. Go bowling at AMF Bowling Centers: AMF Bowling Centers offers a variety of fun for all ages, including open bowling, leagues, and cosmic bowling.