There is plenty for kids to do in Ashby, Massachusetts! For the outdoorsy type, there is hiking and fishing at the many nearby parks and lakes. For the more adventurous, there is zip-lining and rock climbing at the Ashby Boulders. For those who prefer indoor activities, there is the Discovery Museum, the Fitchburg Art Museum, and the Wallis Cinemas. And no matter what your interests are, there is sure to be a festival or fair happening in Ashby throughout the year that the whole family can enjoy!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ashby, Massachusetts
1. Visit the Harrington Homestead and Agricultural Museum: The Harrington Homestead and Agricultural Museum is a historic farmstead and museum that offers tours, programs, and events that focus on the history of farming in the region.
2. Take a hike on the Ashby Rail Trail: The Ashby Rail Trail is a 3.5-mile multi-use trail that winds through the town of Ashby. It is perfect for a leisurely stroll or a more vigorous hike.
3. Go fishing at Crocker Pond: Crocker Pond is a 22-acre pond located in Ashby that is stocked with trout. It is a great spot for a peaceful day of fishing.
4. Visit the Ashby Historical Society Museum: The Ashby Historical Society Museum is a small museum that houses local artifacts and exhibits on the history of the town.
5. Play disc golf at the Ashby Disc Golf Course: The Ashby Disc Golf Course is a 9-hole course located in the town forest. It is a great way to get outside and enjoy the scenery.
6. Take a swim at the Ashby State Beach: The Ashby State Beach is a small beach located on Ashby Pond. It is a great spot for a refreshing swim on a hot day.
7. Have a picnic at the Ashby Common: The Ashby Common is a large park located in the center of town. It is a great spot for a picnic lunch or an afternoon of play.
8. Go for a bike ride on the Ashby Bike Path: The Ashby Bike Path is a 3-mile paved path that runs through the town. It is a great way to get some exercise while enjoying the scenery.
9. Play a round of golf at the Ashburnham Hills Golf Course: The Ashburnham Hills Golf Course is an 18-hole course located just outside of town. It is a great place to golf with friends or family.
10. Go apple picking at Brooksby Farm: Brooksby Farm is a local farm that offers pick-your-own apples in the fall. It is a great way to get outside and enjoy the season.