Artvin is a beautiful, kid-friendly place full of history and culture. There are many things to do in Artvin, Turkey that will keep your family busy and entertained. From exploring the many historical sites to taking part in outdoor activities, there is something for everyone in Artvin. One of the most popular attractions in Artvin is the Artvin citadel, which is a well-preserved castle that was built in the 14th century. The Artvin citadel is a great place to explore with your family and learn about the history of the area. Other popular historical attractions in Artvin include the Artvin Archaeological Museum and the Artvin Ruins. If you are looking for something to do outdoors, Artvin is home to many parks and hiking trails. One of the most popular parks in Artvin is the Artvin Çoruh National Park, which is full of beautiful scenery and wildlife. The Çoruh River is also a great place to go for a swim or a kayak trip.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Artvin, Turkey
1. Visit the fortresses of Artvin: Artvin is home to a number of well-preserved fortresses that are great for exploring. Kids will love running around in the ancient buildings and imagining what life was like centuries ago.
2. Go hiking in the İspir Botanik Parkı: This beautiful park is perfect for a family hike. Kids will love exploring the different plant life and flowers and maybe even spotting some wildlife.
3. Visit the Şavşat Castle: This 12th century castle is a great place to explore with kids. They can run around the grounds and imagine being a king or queen living in the castle.
4. Play in the Arhavi Waterfalls: These waterfalls are a great place to cool off on a hot day. Kids will love playing in the water and exploring the different rocks and pools.
5. Visit the Karagöl Sapphire Lake: This stunning lake is a great place to take a hike with kids. They can explore the different rocks and trees around the lake and maybe even see some of the fish swimming in the water.
6. Browse the Artvin Çoruh Milli Parkı: This national park is a great place to explore with kids. They can learn about the different plants and animals that live in the park and maybe even spot some of them.
7. Go rafting on the Çoruh River: This river is perfect for a family rafting trip. Kids will love paddling down the river and enjoying the scenery.
8. Visit the Artvin Çayişi: This river is a great place to explore with kids. They can learn about the different plants and animals that live in the river and maybe even spot some of them.
9. Take a cable car ride up to the Artvin Çaykara: This is a great way to see the city from above. Kids will love riding in the cable car and taking in the views.
10. Visit the Artvin Çaykara Botanical Gardens: These gardens are a great place to explore with kids. They can learn about the different plants and flowers that grow in the gardens and maybe even find some hidden treasures.