Arlington is a great place for kids! There are several kid-friendly places to visit, including the Arlington Children’s Zoo, the Arlington Aquatic Center, and the Arlington Recreation Center. The Arlington Children’s Zoo is a great place to learn about animals and their habitats. The Arlington Aquatic Center is perfect for a day of swimming and splashing around. The Arlington Recreation Center has a variety of games and activities for kids to enjoy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Arlington, Iowa
1. Visit the city’s only remaining round barn. The Spouse and I visited Arlington, Iowa, on our road trip across America and were pleasantly surprised by this unique little town. The city’s only remaining round barn is located just outside of town and is open to the public for tours. Be sure to bring your camera, as this is a truly photogenic spot.
2. Check out the Arlington Museum of History and Art. This small museum is located in an old church and chronicles the history of Arlington and the surrounding area. Highlights include an extensive collection of Native American artifacts and a replica of an early 20th century schoolhouse.
3. Take a walk through the Arlington Forest Preserve. This 100-acre nature preserve is home to hiking trails, a heavily wooded area, and a small lake. It’s the perfect place to spend an afternoon exploring the great outdoors.
4. Stop by the Arlington Public Library. This quaint little library is housed in an historic building and offers a wide variety of books, magazines, and newspapers. It’s the perfect place to spend an hour or two on a rainy day.
5. Browse the shops on Main Street. Arlington’s Main Street is lined with a variety of unique shops, including a toy store, an antique shop, and a bakery. Be sure to stop in at The Candy Shoppe for a delicious treat!
6. Visit the Depot Museum. This small museum is located in an old train depot and chronicles the history of Arlington’s railway system. Highlights include a model of the original depot and a collection of vintage photographs.
7. Play a round of golf at the Arlington Golf Club. This 9-hole golf course is located just outside of town and offers a challenging round of golf for players of all skill levels. After your game, be sure to stop by the clubhouse for a refreshing drink.
8. Go for a swim at the Arlington Aquatic Center. This family-friendly swimming facility features a large pool, a water slide, and a kiddie pool. There’s also a snack bar if you get hungry while you’re swimming.
9. Take a scenic drive down the Great River Road. This 100-mile stretch of highway winds its way along the Mississippi River and offers some of the most spectacular views in the state. Be sure to stop at one of the many scenic overlooks along the way.
10. Visit the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium. This world-class museum is located in Dubuque, Iowa, just a short drive from Arlington. The museum chronicles the history of the river and features a variety of interactive exhibits.