If you’re looking for kid-friendly fun in Argyle, Texas, you’ll find plenty to keep the little ones occupied. The city’s parks and recreation department offers a variety of activities for children of all ages, from sports and fitness programs to arts and crafts. There’s also a public library with a special children’s section, and several museums and historical sites that offer kid-friendly tours and educational programs. For a active day out, head to the Argyle Community Park, where you’ll find a playground, splash pad, and walking/biking trails. In the summer, the city’s swimming pool is open for public use, and there are also several public tennis courts. Argyle is also home to a number of family-friendly restaurants, cafes, and ice cream shops.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Argyle, Texas
1. Visit the Argyle Lavender Farm: This lavender farm is open to the public for free walks, picnics, and photography. They also offer lavender-infused products for sale, like soaps, lotions, and candles.
2. Play at Liberty Park: Liberty Park is a great place for kids to explore and play. There is a playground, a sand volleyball court, a basketball court, a walking trail, and a pond.
3. Attend the Argyle Farmers Market: The Argyle Farmers Market is open every Saturday morning and features locally grown fruits, vegetables, and other products.
4. Visit the Argyle Historical Museum: The Argyle Historical Museum is open to the public and offers free tours. It houses a collection of artifacts and exhibits that tell the history of the town.
5. Stop by the Old settler’s Cabin: The Old settler’s Cabin is a replica of the first cabin built in Argyle. It is open to the public and is located in Liberty Park.
6. Take a walk on the Paradigm Shift Trail: The Paradigm Shift Trail is a 1.5 mile walking trail that winds through the woods and connects to the Liberty Park trails.
7. Feed the ducks at Beamers Pond: Beamers Pond is a small pond located in Liberty Park. Kids can feed the ducks that live there, and there is also a fishing pier.
8. Play at the Argyle Community Park: The Argyle Community Park has a playground, a pavilion, a walking trail, and a basketball court.
9. Go on a hayride at the Argyle Hayrides: The Argyle Hayrides offers hayrides around the town on Saturday evenings. They also have a bonfire and s’mores afterwards.
10. Go to the Argyle Public Library: The Argyle Public Library has a great selection of books for kids, and they offer story times and other programs.