The kids will never be bored in Ardmore, Tennessee! There are plenty of fun things to see and do in this town. For the outdoorsy family, try renting a canoe or kayak to explore the Tennessee River. Or, take a walk or bike ride on the scenic nature trails. Don’t forget to pack a picnic lunch to enjoy at one of the many picnic areas. If the weather isn’t cooperating, there are still plenty of options indoors. Visit the children’s section at the local library or take them to Rock Creek Park for some indoor climbing fun. Whatever you choose to do, the kids are sure to have a blast in Ardmore, Tennessee!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ardmore, Tennessee
1. Visit the Chickasaw Cultural Center – The Chickasaw Cultural Center is a must-see for anyone visiting Ardmore. This world-class facility is devoted to preserving and celebrating the Chickasaw people and their heritage. Visitors can see traditional dwellings, partake in Chickasaw storytelling, and learn about the tribe’s long history.
2. Take a hike on the Sulphur Springs Trail – The Sulphur Springs Trail is a beautiful, easy hike that leads to a historic spring. The trail is perfect for families with young children, and the spring is a great place to cool off on a hot day.
3. Go fishing at Lake Arrowhead – Lake Arrowhead is a beautiful, clear lake that is perfect for fishing. Visitors can fish for bass, crappie, and other species. The lake also has a swimming area and a playground, making it a great spot for a family outing.
4. Visit the Tennessee Aquarium – The Tennessee Aquarium is one of the best in the country and features a wide variety of aquatic animals. Kids will love seeing the fish, reptiles, amphibians, and birds. The aquarium also has a hands-on stingray touch pool and a 4D theater.
5. Play at the Ardmore Recreation Park – The Ardmore Recreation Park is a great place for families to play. The park has a playground, pavilions, a walking trail, and a basketball court.
6. See a show at the Ardmore Little Theatre – The Ardmore Little Theatre is a local theater that produces high-quality shows for the whole family. Past productions have included classic comedies, musicals, and children’s theater.
7. Go for a swim at the Ardmore City Pool – The Ardmore City Pool is a great place to cool off on a hot day. The pool has a diving board, a slides, and a kiddie pool.
8. Visit the Museum of the Chickasaw Nation – The Museum of the Chickasaw Nation is a great place to learn about the Chickasaw people and their culture. The museum features a variety of exhibits, including a life-size replica of a Chickasaw village.
9. Play mini golf at the Chickasaw Golf Course – The Chickasaw Golf Course is a great place for families to play mini golf. The course is well-maintained and offers a variety of challenges.
10. Have a picnic at Governors Island Park – Governors Island Park is a beautiful park with a playground, pavilions, and a walking trail. The park is perfect for a family picnic.