There’s no shortage of kid-friendly fun to be had in Apache, Oklahoma! For starters, the town is home to the Caddo Nation Museum, which is filled with interactive exhibits and opportunities to learn about the area’s rich Native American history. Apache is also home to the Lucky Valley Zoo, which is a great place to see all sorts of animals up close. And for the really adventurous kids, there’s the opportunity to go on a real-life buffalo hunt at the buffalo ranch. Of course, no trip to Apache would be complete without a visit to the famous Geronimo’s Grave – a must-see for any history buff.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Apache, Oklahoma
1. The first thing to do is to visit the Museum of the Great Plains. The museum has interactive exhibits about the history and culture of the Great Plains. There is also a children’s area with a focus on hands-on activities.
2. The second thing to do is to explore the Rock Island State Park. The park has hiking trails, a disc golf course, and a fishing pond.
3. The third thing to do is to visit the Spiro Mounds Archaeological Center. The center has exhibits about the Native American people who once lived in the area. There is also a trail that leads to the remains of an ancient village.
4. The fourth thing to do is to go to the Tulsa Zoo. The zoo has a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. There is also a petting zoo and a playground.
5. The fifth thing to do is to take a tour of the Philbrook Museum of Art. The museum has a large collection of art, from Renaissance paintings to contemporary sculptures.
6. The sixth thing to do is to visit the Mayo Hotel. The hotel is a historic landmark in downtown Tulsa. It has been restored and now houses a museum about the city’s history.
7. The seventh thing to do is to see a show at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center. The center is home to a variety of performing arts groups, including the Tulsa Ballet and the Tulsa Opera.
8. The eighth thing to do is to go to the Tulsa Renaissance Fair. The fair is held every year and features a variety of activities, including jousting, archery, and puppetry.
9. The ninth thing to do is to visit the Oral Roberts University campus. The university has a museum, a chapel, and a number of gardens.
10. The tenth thing to do is to take a walk or bike ride on the Tulsa River Parks system. The system includes over 100 miles of trails and a variety of parks and playgrounds.