There are many kid friendly things to do in Antakya, Turkey. The city is filled with history and culture, and there are many opportunities for kids to learn about and experience both. One of the best ways to experience the culture of Antakya is to visit the city’s many museums. The Antakya Archaeology Museum is a great place to start, as it is filled with artifacts from the city’s long history. The Hatay Archaeology Museum is another great option, and is one of the largest museums in the country. Other kid friendly activities in Antakya include visiting the city’s many parks, playing in the water at the Antakya Water Park, and exploring the ancient city of Antioch.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Antakya, Turkey
1. Visit the Hatay Archaeology Museum – The Hatay Archaeology Museum is one of Turkey’s most important museums, housing an extensive collection of Roman, Hellenistic, and Ottoman artifacts. The museum is located in the city center of Antakya, making it easily accessible for families.
2. Walk through the Old city – The Old city of Antakya is full of history and culture, and is a great place to explore with kids. Walking through the narrow streets and alleyways, you’ll come across beautiful Ottoman-era buildings, mosques, and churches.
3. Visit the Antakya Zoo – The Antakya Zoo is located on the outskirts of the city and is home to a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, bears, and monkeys. The zoo also has a playground and a restaurant, making it a perfect day trip for families with kids.
4. Go on a boat ride on the Asi River – The Asi River runs through the city of Antakya, and there are a number of companies that offer boat rides. This is a great activity for kids, as they can see the city from a different perspective and learn about the local wildlife.
5. Play in the park – There are a number of parks in Antakya, which are perfect for families with kids. The parks usually have playgrounds, picnic areas, and sometimes even ponds or lakes.
6. Visit the Antakya Aquarium – The Antakya Aquarium is located in the city center and is home to a wide variety of fish and other sea creatures. The aquarium also has a number of interactive exhibits, making it a great place to take kids.
7. Go to the Antakya Waterfalls – The Antakya Waterfalls are located just outside of the city and are a popular spot for both locals and tourists. The waterfall is accessible by car, and there is a small entrance fee.
8. Visit the Antakya Butterfly Park – The Antakya Butterfly Park is located on the outskirts of the city and is home to a wide variety of butterflies. The park also has a number of interactive exhibits, making it a great place to take kids.
9. Go on a hike – There are a number of hiking trails in and around Antakya, which are perfect for families with kids. The trails vary in difficulty, so you can find one that’s suitable for your fitness level.
10. Go to the Antakya Archaeological Site – The Antakya Archaeological Site is located just outside of the city and is home to a number of ancient ruins. The site is accessible by car, and there is a small entrance fee.