There are many kid friendly activities to do in Amiens. For example, on a hot day, you can go to the Jardin de la Hotoie, which is a large park with a water play area for children. Also, the Amiens Cathedral is a beautiful medieval church that is free to enter, and there are often special events for kids such as concerts and art workshops. If you are looking for something active to do, you can go to the Parc Saint Pierre, which has a playground, a petting zoo, and a mini-golf course. For a more educational activity, you can visit the Memorial of the Battle of Amiens, which is a museum about World War I.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Amiens, France
1. Visit the Amiens Cathedral – The Amiens Cathedral is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the largest and most beautiful Gothic cathedrals in the world. It is definitely worth a visit when in Amiens!
2. Take a boat ride on the Somme River – The Somme River is a picturesque river that flows through the city of Amiens. You can take a boat ride on the river and enjoy the scenery.
3. Visit the Hortillonnages Floating Gardens – The Hortillonnages are a series of floating gardens located in Amiens. They are definitely worth a visit if you are interested in gardening or just want to see something unique.
4. Explore the Amiens Zoo – The Amiens Zoo is home to over 600 animals and is a great place to visit if you are traveling with kids.
5. Experience the Amiens International Fireworks Festival – Every summer, Amiens hosts an international fireworks festival that is definitely worth checking out.
6. Visit the Jules Verne Museum – The Jules Verne Museum is dedicated to the famous author who was born in Amiens. It is a great place to visit for any fans of his work.
7. Tour the Amiens Botanical Gardens – The Amiens Botanical Gardens are home to over 10,000 plant species from all over the world. They are definitely worth a visit for any nature lover.
8. Stroll Through the Parc Saint-Pierre – The Parc Saint-Pierre is a beautiful park located in the center of Amiens. It is a great place to take a stroll or have a picnic.
9. Visit the Maison de Jules Verne – The Maison de Jules Verne is the house where the famous author was born. It is now a museum dedicated to his life and work.
10. Check Out the Amiens Christmas Market – The Amiens Christmas market is one of the largest and most popular in France. It is definitely worth a visit if you are in Amiens during the holiday season.