Amherstdale offers a variety of kid friendly activities. The city has a number of parks including Riverside Park and Indian Mound Park. Riverside Park offers a playground, a walking trail, and a fishing pier. Indian Mound Park has a playground, a basketball court, and a picnic shelter. Both parks are open year-round and offer a great opportunity for kids to get outside and play.
The Amherstdale Public Library is also a great place for kids. The library offers a variety of children’s programs, including story time, crafts, and movies. The library is open Monday through Saturday and offers a quiet place for kids to read or play.
The Amherstdale community center is another great place for kids. The community center offers a variety of programs and activities for kids, including sports, dance, and arts and crafts. The community center is open Monday through Friday and offers a great place for kids to be active.
Amherstdale is also home to a number of kid friendly businesses. downtown, there is a ice cream shop, a toy store, and a number of restaurants. There is also a movie theater and a bowling alley. These businesses offer a great opportunity for kids to have fun and learn new things.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Amherstdale, West Virginia
1. Visit the Amherstdale Coal Museum to learn about the area’s coal mining history.
2. Take a walk or bike ride on the coal mine tipples trail.
3. Visit the Amherstdale Community Park and playground.
4. Go fishing at the Amherstdale Dam.
5. Play mini golf at the Coal Country Adventure Golf course.
6. Visit the Coal Country Miniature Golf course.
7. Go ziplining at the Coal Country Zipline course.
8. Visit the Amherstdale Athletic Complex.
9. Take a walk or bike ride on the Amherstdale Riverwalk.
10. Visit the Amherstdale Public Library.