Assuming you would like a list of kid friendly activities in Amersham, here are a few ideas:
1.Visit Amersham Museum- A great place to take the kids to learn about the local history and see some interesting artefacts.
2.Feed the ducks at one of the local ponds- A classic activity that the kids will love and it’s free!
3.Have a picnic in the park- A great way to spend a sunny day with the family. Make sure to pack some snacks and drinks.
4.Explore the caves at Ice Age – An exciting adventure for the whole family, Ice Age is a system of man-made caves which are set in the chalk hills.
5.Go for a walk or bike ride- Sometimes the simplest activities are the best. Exploring the local area is a great way to tire the kids out so they can sleep well at night!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Amersham, United Kingdom
1. Visit the Amersham Museum – The Amersham Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Amersham and the surrounding area. The museum has a wide variety of exhibits, including a replica of an Iron Age village, a Roman villa, and a Saxon longhouse.
2. Go for a walk in the countryside – Amersham is surrounded by beautiful countryside, so it’s the perfect place to go for a walk or a hike. There are lots of trails to follow, and you’re sure to spot some wildlife along the way.
3. Have a picnic in the park – Amersham has some lovely parks, perfect for a summer picnic. Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy the sunshine in one of the town’s green spaces.
4. Take a ride on the heritage railway – The Chiltern Heritage Railway runs from Amersham to Chesham, and it’s a great way to see the countryside. The trains are powered by steam, and you can even buy a ticket to ride in the driver’s cab.
5. Visit the Old Amersham Market – The Old Amersham Market is a traditional English market, selling everything from fresh produce to handmade crafts. It’s well worth a visit, even if you don’t plan on buying anything.
6. Go swimming at the leisure centre – Amersham Leisure Centre has a swimming pool, as well as a gym and a café. It’s the perfect place to cool off on a hot day, or to get some exercise.
7. Play some crazy golf – Amersham Crazy Golf is a great place to have some fun with the family. With 18 holes to play, you’re sure to have a great time.
8. Climb the bell tower at St. Mary’s Church – St. Mary’s Church is one of the most historic buildings in Amersham, and you can climb the bell tower for some amazing views of the town.
9. Go ice skating at the rink – Amersham Ice Rink is a great place to enjoy some winter fun. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, you’ll have a great time skating around the rink.
10. Have some fun at the amusement arcade – If you’re looking for some indoor fun, head to the amusement arcade at the bottom of the High Street. With lots of classic arcade games to play, you’re sure to have a great time.