There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Amado, Arizona! For outdoor enthusiasts, there is hiking, fishing, and horseback riding. The stables in Amado also offer pony rides for the little ones. If your family enjoys spending time in the water, tubing down the Santa Cruz River is a must. Don’t forget to pack a picnic lunch to enjoy at one of the many picnic areas along the river.
For those hot summer days, cooling off at McNeal’s Splashpad is a great option. This water park is free and has several spray features for the kiddos to play in. Another popular summer activity is visiting one of Amado’s many strawberry farms. You can pick your own strawberries and then enjoy them in a delicious strawberry shortcake.
If your family is looking for a cultural experience, the San Xavier del Bac Mission is a must-see. This historic site is beautiful and provides a great opportunity to learn about the local history and culture. no matter what your family enjoys, there are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Amado, Arizona!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Amado, Arizona
1. Visit the Titan Missile Museum to learn about the Cold War and see an actual Titan II missile silo.
2. Drive up Mount Lemmon for breathtaking views of the Santa Catalina Mountains.
3. Visit Saguaro National Park to see the giant saguaro cacti and learn about the desert ecosystem.
4. Take a horseback ride through the Sonoran Desert.
5. Go tubing down the Santa Cruz river.
6. Visit the reptile exhibit at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
7. Go stargazing at Kitt Peak National Observatory.
8. Pan for gold at the Twin Peaks Mine.
9. Hike to the top of Bear Canyon Falls.
10. Go camping in one of the many beautiful desert camping spots.