Alzira is a charming town located in the province of Valencia, Spain. The town is situated on the left bank of the river Júcar, and is known for its beautiful landscapes and friendly people. Alzira is the perfect place to take your family for a vacation, as there are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in the area.
One of the best things to do in Alzira with kids is to visit the Jardín de Los Sentidos (Garden of the Senses). This beautiful park is a great place for kids to explore and run around, while adults can relax and take in the stunning views. The park is also home to a playground, a café, and a shop selling local products.
Another great activity to do in Alzira with kids is to take a boat ride down the river Júcar. The boats depart from the town centre, and the ride takes you through some of the most beautiful scenery in the area. This is a great way to relax and spend some quality time with your family.
If you’re looking for something a little more active, you can take your kids to the Parque de Atracciones de Alzira (Alzira amusement park). The park has a variety of rides and attractions for all ages, making it the perfect place to spend a day out with the family.
Whatever you decide to do, you’re sure to have a great time with your family in Alzira.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Alzira, Spain
1. For a fun family outing, head to the Parroquia de Santiago el Mayor, a Gothic-style church in the center of town. Inside, you’ll find beautiful stained glass windows and a frescoed ceiling.
2. Swing by the mercado central, a covered market where you can find fresh produce, meats, and cheeses. Make sure to try some of the local delicacies!
3. Take a walk along the Miguelete, a medieval defensive wall that offers views of the town and the countryside beyond.
4. Visit the Museo de Bellas Artes de Alzira, a small but well-curated art museum with paintings by famous Spanish artists like Joaquin Sorolla.
5. Go for a swim at one of Alzira’s many public pools. There’s even a heated indoor pool perfect for wintertime.
6. Play some tennis or paddle tennis at one of the town’s several courts. If you don’t have your own equipment, you can rent it at the courts.
7. Get active at the municipal sports complex, which has a track, a soccer field, and a basketball court.
8. Let the kids run around at one of Alzira’s parks, like the Parque de La Reina or the Parque del Palacio.
9. Take a boat ride down the Río Xúquer, a river that runs through the town. You can go on a guided tour or rent your own boat.
10. Learn about the history of Alzira at the Museo de Alzira, a museum located in a former hospital. The museum has exhibits on the town’s Roman past, its Moorish history, and more.