Although Altus, Oklahoma may not be teeming with tourist attractions, there are still many kid friendly activities to take part in. The city has two museums, the Altus AFB Museum and the Altus City Museum, both of which offer a variety of exhibits and activities for children to enjoy. The city also has a movie theater, an outdoor water park, and a variety of parks and playgrounds. In addition, there are a number of kid friendly restaurants and cafes, as well as a number of family friendly events and activities held throughout the year.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Altus, Oklahoma
1. Hiking and walking trails can be enjoyed at Quartz Mountain State Park.
2. Fishing is a popular activity at Altus City Lake.
3. Visitors can explore the Altus World War II Memorial Museum.
4. The Altus City Zoo features a variety of animals for families to enjoy.
5. The Altus Municipal Pool provides a place to cool off in the summer months.
6. The Altus Public Library offers a variety of programs and resources for families.
7. The Altus Skate Park provides a place for kids to enjoy skateboarding and other activities.
8. The Altus Sports Complex offers a variety of sports facilities and programs for kids.
9. Kids can explore the Playmobil FunPark Altus.
10. Families can enjoy the Splash Pad at Altus City Park.