There are many kid friendly things to do in Altotonga, Mexico. One of the most popular activities is to visit the ancient ruins of the Maya city of Chichen Itza. This is an UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. There are many other activities to do in Altotonga as well. You can go hiking in the Sierra Madre Mountains, visit the hot springs of Hierve el Agua, go tubing down the Rio Grande, or take a dip in one of the many cenotes (natural pools) in the area. There are also several museums and parks in Altotonga that are great for kids, such as the Museo de los Ninos (Museum of Children), the Parque Ecologico (Ecological Park), and the Parque de las Palapas (Palapa Park).
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Altotonga, Mexico
1. Visit the Roman Catholic Church of San Francisco de Asís – This church is a beautiful example of colonial architecture and is definitely worth a visit.
2. take a dip in the thermal waters of the nearby Tecolutla River – The thermal waters of the Tecolutla River are said to have medicinal properties and are a great place to relax and take a dip.
3. take a tour of the Hacienda de los Martinez – The Hacienda de los Martinez is a beautiful colonial-style hacienda that is well worth a visit.
4. explore the town of Xalapa – Xalapa is a beautiful town located in the mountains of Veracruz and is definitely worth a visit.
5. take a tour of the colonial city of Orizaba – Orizaba is a beautiful colonial city located in the state of Veracruz and is definitely worth a visit.
6. go hiking in the Sierra de los Tuxtlas – The Sierra de los Tuxtlas is a beautiful mountain range located in the state of Veracruz and is a great place to go hiking.
7. take a tour of the city of Veracruz – Veracruz is a beautiful city located on the Gulf of Mexico and is definitely worth a visit.
8. visit the archaeological site of El Tajin – El Tajin is a pre-Columbian archaeological site located in the state of Veracruz and is definitely worth a visit.
9. take a tour of the city of Coatzacoalcos – Coatzacoalcos is a busy port city located in the state of Veracruz and is definitely worth a visit.
10. go bird watching in the Los Tuxtlas Biosphere Reserve – The Los Tuxtlas Biosphere Reserve is a great place to go bird watching and is definitely worth a visit.