There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to take part in while in Alto, Texas. For the outdoorsy family, there is never a shortage of things to do. With a variety of hiking and biking trails available, as well as fishing and kayaking in the lakes, there is always something to do. For the family that enjoys a more low-key day, they can enjoy visiting one of the many local parks or browsing through the shops downtown. Alto is also home to a variety of festivals throughout the year that the whole family can enjoy, such as the Mayfest and the Potato Festival. No matter what your family enjoys, there is sure to be something for everyone to enjoy while in Alto, Texas.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Alto, Texas
1. Spend a day exploring the Caprock Canyons State Park & Trailway. Take a hike or ride your bike along the over 100 miles of trails, go swimming in the pool, and explore the park’s many canyons and rock formations.
2. Visit the Dairy Queen Museum to see how this iconic brand got its start. Enjoy some ice cream while you’re there!
3. Learn about the area’s history at the West Texas Heritage Museum.
4. Get up close and personal with some of Texas’s wildlife at the Blue Bell Aquarium & Nature Center.
5. Go for a swim at the municipal swimming pool.
6. Play a round of golf at the municipal golf course.
7. Visit the local library.
8. Attend a event at the Civic Center.
9. Watch a movie at the hometown movie theater.
10. Go stargazing at the McDonald Observatory.