Altena is a great place for kids of all ages! There are plenty of things to keep little ones entertained, from exploring the historic castle to playing in the expansive city park. Families can also enjoy a variety of kid-friendly activities such as mini golf, go-karting, and visiting the Altena Zoo. Older kids and teens will find plenty to do as well, from hiking and biking in the nearby countryside to checking out the many museums and interesting shops in town. With so much to see and do, Altena is the perfect place for a family vacation!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Altena, Germany
1. Visit the Altena Castle: The Altena Castle is a kid-friendly destination that offers great views of the town and surrounding area. It is also home to a museum with a collection of historic weapons and armor.
2. Play at the Altena Playground: The Altena Playground is a great place for kids to burn off some energy. It features a number of slides, swings, and other playground equipment.
3. Go for a swim at the Altena indoor pool: The Altena indoor pool is a great place to take a dip, especially on a hot day. There is also a sauna and steam room available for use.
4. hike up to the top of the Burgberg: The Burgberg is a hill that overlooks the town of Altena. It is a great place to go for a hike and take in the views.
5. Visit the animal farm: The animal farm is a great place to see a variety of animals, including sheep, goats, chickens, and rabbits.
6. Take a ride on the Altena cable car: The Altena cable car is a great way to get an aerial view of the town. It runs from the top of the Burgberg down to the valley below.
7. Play minigolf at the Altena Minigolf course: The Altena Minigolf course is a great place to test your skills. It features 18 holes of minigolf, with a variety of obstacles to overcome.
8. Visit the Altena Museum: The Altena Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the town. It features a number of exhibits, including a replica of the Altena Castle.
9. Go for a walk in the Altena forest: The Altena forest is a great place to take a peaceful stroll. It is also home to a number of trails, making it perfect for hiking or biking.
10. Enjoy a meal at one of the many kid-friendly restaurants in town: Altena is home to a number of kid-friendly restaurants, offering a variety of cuisines.