10 fun & kid-friendly things to do in Altamonte Springs Florida
1. Visit the Central Florida Zoo – The Central Florida Zoo is a great place to take your kids for a day of fun and learning. There are over 400 animals on site, as well as a variety of educational exhibits. Your kids will love getting up close and personal with some of their favorite animals, and they’ll also learn a lot about the animal kingdom.
2. Go on a safari at the Candon Safari Park – Candon Safari Park is another great option for a day out with the kids. Here, you can take a jeep tour through the park and see a variety of animals in their natural habitat. There are also a number of fun games and activities for kids to enjoy, making it a great place to spend a day.
3. Take a dip in the springs at Wekiwa Springs State Park – Wekiwa Springs State Park is a beautiful place to spend a day with your family. The park has a number of swimming areas, as well as hiking trails and picnicking spots. You can also rent canoes and kayaks to explore the springs.
4. Visit the Orlando Science Center – The Orlando Science Center is a great place to take your kids to learn about science. There are a number of interactive exhibits, as well as a Planetarium and an IMAX theater. Your kids will love exploring the science center and learning about the world around them.
5. Go on a nature hike at Seminole State Forest – Seminole State Forest is a great place to take your kids for a day in nature. There are a number of different hiking trails to explore, and you can also go camping or fishing in the forest. Your kids will love getting away from the hustle and bustle of the city and spending time in nature.
6. See the animals at Gatorland – Gatorland is a great place to take your kids to see some of Florida’s most famous animals. Here, you can see alligators, crocodiles, and a variety of other reptiles. There are also a number of shows and exhibits, making it a great place to spend the day.
7. Visit the Kennedy Space Center – The Kennedy Space Center is a must-visit for any kid who is interested in space. Here, they can learn about the history of space exploration, and see some of the equipment used by astronauts. They can also see a launchpad and take a tour of the vehicle assembly building.
8. Go on a steam train ride at Walt Disney World – Walt Disney World is a great place to take your kids for a day of fun. In addition to the rides and attractions, you can also go on a steam train ride through the park. This is a great way to see the park and learn about the history of Walt Disney World.
9. Play in the water at Daytona Lagoon – Daytona Lagoon is a great place to take your kids for a day of fun in the sun. Here, you can play in the water park, go mini golfing, or play in the arcade. There is also a go-kart track, making it a great place to spend the day.
10. Go on a safari at the Monkey Island Melvin Jones Wildlife Preserve – The Monkey Island Melvin Jones Wildlife Preserve is another great place to take your kids for a day of fun and learning. Here, you can see a variety of animals, as well as learn about the conservation efforts that are being made to protect them.
1. What Is The Population Of Altamonte Springs?
As of 2019, the population of Altamonte Springs was 44,895.
2. What Is The History Of Altamonte Springs?
The city of Altamonte Springs was founded in 1882. The city was originally developed as a health resort and grew rapidly in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The city’s name is derived from a Spanish phrase meaning “high hill”.
3. What Is The Climate In Altamonte Springs?
Altamonte Springs has a humid subtropical climate, with hot, humid summers and mild winters. The city experiences an average of around 51 inches of rainfall per year.
4. What Are The Top Attractions In Altamonte Springs?
The top attractions in Altamonte Springs include theAltamonte Mall, Cranes Roost Park, the Westmonte Recreation Center, and the Semoran Skateway.
5. What Are The Demographics Of Altamonte Springs?
As of the 2010 census, the population of Altamonte Springs was 41,200. The racial makeup of the city was 72.4% White, 14.5% African American, 0.3% Native American, 7.2% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, and 3.5% from other races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race made up 15.8% of the population.
6. What Is The Economy Of Altamonte Springs Like?
The city of Altamonte Springs is home to a number of multinational corporations, including Coca-Cola, Time Warner, and Siemens. The city’s economy is also bolstered by the presence of two major hospitals, Florida Hospital Altamonte and AdventHealth Orlando.
7. What Is The Cost Of Living In Altamonte Springs?
The cost of living in Altamonte Springs is typically lower than the national average, although the cost of housing is higher than average.
8. What Are The Schools Like In Altamonte Springs?
There are a number of public and private schools in Altamonte Springs. The city is served by the Seminole County Public Schools district.
9. What Is The Crime Rate In Altamonte Springs?
The crime rate in Altamonte Springs is lower than the national average, with a violent crime rate of 2.21 per 1,000 residents and a property crime rate of 12.9 per 1,000 residents.
10. What Are The City’S Highest Rated Restaurants?
Some of the highest rated restaurants in Altamonte Springs include The Boiling Crab, Tapa Toro, and The Rossy.