There are a number of kid friendly activities to do in Alor Setar, Malaysia. One option is to visit the Alor Setar Tower, which is the tallest tower in Malaysia. Other options include visiting the Kedah Royal Museum, taking a walk through the Botanical Gardens, or visiting the Kuala Muda Elephant Sanctuary. For a fun activity, kids can also visit the Alor Star Zoo, which is home to a variety of animals, including tigers, lions, and elephants.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Alor Setar, Malaysia
1. Visit the Alor Setar Tower: The Alor Setar Tower is the tallest communication tower in Malaysia. Standing at 421 feet, the tower offers stunning views of the city and the surrounding countryside. Visitors can take a lift to the top of the tower to enjoy the views, or participate in one of the tower’s many special events, such as the International Kite Festival or the Fireworks Competition.
2. Tour the Paddy Museum: The Paddy Museum is dedicated to the history and culture of rice cultivation in Malaysia. The museum contains a variety of exhibits on the history of paddy farming, the different types of rice grown in Malaysia, and the traditional methods of rice preparation. Visitors can also see how rice is milled and processed, and learn about the latest innovations in paddy farming.
3. Visit the Kedah Royal Museum: The Kedah Royal Museum is a must-see for anyone interested in the history of the Malaysian monarchy. The museum contains a collection of artifacts and exhibits on the history of the Kedah Sultanate, as well as the personal belongings of the current Sultan of Kedah. Visitors can also learn about the traditions and ceremonies of the Kedah royal family, and see a replica of the royal palace.
4. Shop at the Alor Star Mall: The Alor Star Mall is the largest shopping center in Alor Setar. The mall features a variety of shops and restaurants, as well as a multiplex cinema and a bowling alley. The mall is also home to the Kedah State Museum, making it the perfect place to combine shopping with learning about the history and culture of Alor Setar.
5. Visit the Kedah Zoo: The Kedah Zoo is located on the outskirts of Alor Setar. The zoo is home to a variety of Malaysian and Asian animals, including tigers, elephants, and tapirs. The zoo also has a bird park, a reptile park, and an aquarium. Visitors can take a tram ride around the zoo, or enjoy a leisurely walk along the many nature trails.
6. Play Golf at the Alor Star Golf Course: The Alor Star Golf Course is one of the finest golf courses in Malaysia. The course is set among lush tropical gardens, and offers stunning views of the city and the Straits of Malacca. The golf course is open to the public, and visitors can rent golf clubs and shoes at the clubhouse.
7. Go on a River Cruise: The Alor Setar River Cruise is a great way to see the city from the water. The cruise takes visitors on a leisurely journey through the city, past some of Alor Setar’s most important landmarks. The cruise also features live music and traditional Malaysian snacks.
8. Visit the Rice Barn: The Rice Barn is a unique museum that tells the story of rice cultivation in Malaysia. The museum is housed in an old rice barn, and contains a variety of exhibits on the history of rice farming, the different types of rice grown in Malaysia, and the traditional methods of rice preparation. Visitors can also see how rice is milled and processed, and learn about the latest innovations in paddy farming.
9. Taste Local Delicacies at the Alor Setar Night Market: The Alor Setar Night Market is the perfect place to try some of the local food. The market features a variety of stalls selling traditional Malaysian dishes, as well as snacks and drinks. Visitors can also buy souvenirs and handicrafts at the market.
10. Go on a Nature hike in the Alor Setar hills: The Alor Setar hills offer a variety of hiking trails for all levels of ability. The trails wind through the jungle, and offer stunning views of the city and the Straits of Malacca. Visitors can also see a variety of wildlife, including monkeys, snakes, and birds.