There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Allendale, New Jersey! For the outdoor enthusiasts, there is plenty of hiking and picnicking to be had at the many parks in the area. parents can feel good about letting their kids burn off some energy at one of the playgrounds or at one of the sports fields.
For the more indoorsy types, there are plenty of options as well. The local library often has story times and other events for kids, and there are several museums in the area that offer kid-friendly exhibits and activities. And, of course, there are always the classic options like bowling, roller skating, and laser tag. No matter what your family’s interests are, there is sure to be something for everyone in Allendale, New Jersey!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Allendale, New Jersey
1. Visit the New Jersey State Fair/Summer State Fair – This fair is held annually in late August and early September and features rides, livestock shows, vendors, food, and more.
2. Visit the Turtle Back Zoo – This zoo is home to over 200 animals, including reptiles, mammals, and birds. Visitors can also enjoy the zoo’s playground, picnic areas, and boardwalk.
3. Go to the Allendale Community Pool – This pool is open to the public during the summer months and features a diving board, slides, and a kiddie pool.
4. Play at the Allendale Recreation Center – This recreation center features a gymnasium, game room, and outdoor basketball and tennis courts.
5. Visit the N.J. Botanical Gardens – These gardens feature over 50 acres of plant life, including flowers, trees, and shrubs. Visitors can also take a stroll along the Garden State Discovery Trail.
6. Take a Hike at the Ramapo Valley County Reservation – This reservation features over 15 miles of hiking trails, as well as a lake for fishing and boating.
7. Go Canoeing or Kayaking on the Saddle River – This river runs through Allendale and is a great place to go canoeing or kayaking.
8. Visit the Historic Allendale General Store – This store has been in operation since 1892 and sells a variety of items, including ice cream, candy, and souvenirs.
9. Play Miniature Golf at the Allendale Golf Center – This miniature golf course features 18 holes, a waterfall, and a cave.
10. Visit the New Jersey Children’s Museum – This museum features interactive exhibits on a variety of topics, including science, art, and history.