There are many kid friendly things to do in Allendale, Illinois. For example, the Allendale Public Library offers a variety of children’s programs, including story times, crafts, and special events. The Allendale Park District also offers a number of programs and activities for children, including sports leagues, swimming lessons, and summer camps. Additionally, there are several family-friendly businesses in Allendale, such as restaurants, grocery stores, and retail shops.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Allendale, Illinois
1. Visit the Benjamin Grant Museum. This museum is located in the center of Allendale and is dedicated to the history of the area. Visitors can learn about the area’s Native American history, the early settlers, and the Civil War.
2. Take a stroll down Main Street. Main Street is the main thoroughfare through downtown Allendale and is lined with historic buildings and businesses.
3. Visit the Allendale Public Library. The library is located in the center of town and offers a variety of books, magazines, and newspapers.
4. Play at the Allendale Park. The park is located on the north side of town and offers a playground, picnic areas, and a walking trail.
5. Go fishing at Lake Roomy. Lake Roomy is located on the east side of town and is a popular spot for fishing and swimming.
6. Visit the Allendale Community Center. The community center is located on the south side of town and offers a variety of recreational facilities and programs.
7. Attend a performance at the Allendale Theatre. The theatre is located in the center of town and offers a variety of live performances throughout the year.
8. Shop at the Allendale Farmer’s Market. The farmer’s market is held every Saturday morning from May through October and features a variety of locally grown produce, baked goods, and crafts.
9. Explore the Allendale Historical Museum. The museum is located in the center of town and offers a variety of exhibits on the history of the area.
10. Take a walk or ride your bike on the Allendale River Trail. The river trail is located on the north side of town along the Kishwaukee River and offers a scenic place to walk, run, or bike.