There are plenty of fun things for kids to do in Algona, Iowa! For starters, they can explore the many parks and trails in the area. There are also several museums and historical sites to visit, including the Kossuth County Courthouse and the Hormel Historic Home. Kids can also enjoy some time on the Algona Aquatic Center, which features a water slide, lazy river, and kiddie pool. And, of course, there are plenty of great places to eat in Algona, Iowa!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Algona, Iowa
1. Go to the Kossuth County Fairgrounds to see the animals and ride the rides.
2. Play at the Algona Aquatic Center, which has a water slide, diving board, and lap lanes.
3. Visit the Heminger House Museum to learn about the history of Algona.
4. See a movie at the Bucksin Drive-In Movie Theater.
5. Get ice cream at Krum’s Ice Cream Parlor.
6. Play miniature golf at Putter around the Park.
7. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area, such as Five Island Lake.
8. Take a hike or bike ride on the Toad Hollow Trail.
9. Visit the Algona Sportsman’s Club to try out archery or gun range shooting.
10. Have a picnic lunch at Riverside Park.