If you’re looking for kid-friendly things to do in Alderson, West Virginia, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of things to keep your little ones entertained, whether you’re looking for indoor or outdoor activities. For indoor fun, you can take your pick of several museums, including the Children’s Museum of the Ohio Valley and the West Virginia State Museum. Both offer a variety of interactive exhibits that will teach your kids about science, history, and art. If you’re looking for something more hands-on, the Alderson Little League offers a number of sports programs for kids of all ages. And if you’re looking to get outdoors, there are plenty of parks and hiking trails in the area to explore. Whatever you decide to do, your kids are sure to have a blast in Alderson.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Alderson, West Virginia
1. Visit the Historic Alderson Interurban Railway Station: The Alderson Interurban Railway Station is a historic train station that was built in 1911. It is now a museum that is operated by the Monroe County Historical Society. The station is open from May to October.
2. Take a Walk on the Wild Side at the Alderson Nature Preserve: The Alderson Nature Preserve is a nature preserve that is located on the grounds of the former Alderson Army Base. The preserve is open to the public from dawn to dusk.
3. Visit the Greenbrier River: The Greenbrier River is a beautiful river that runs through the town of Alderson. You can go fishing, swimming, or just enjoy the scenery.
4. Hike to the Summit of Spruce Knob: Spruce Knob is the highest point in the state of West Virginia. The summit can be reached by a short hike from the town of Alderson.
5. Go tubing down the Greenbrier River: One of the best ways to enjoy the Greenbrier River is to go tubing. You can rent tubes from several businesses in town.
6. Visit the West Virginia State Wildlife Center: The West Virginia State Wildlife Center is a wildlife rehabilitation center that is located just outside of Alderson. The center is open to the public from April to October.
7. Take a scenic drive on the scenic byway: The scenic byway is a beautiful road that runs through the town of Alderson. It is a great place to take a scenic drive.
8. Go camping at the Alderson Lake Campground: The Alderson Lake Campground is a great place to camp. The campground is located on the shore of Alderson Lake.
9. Play golf at the Alderson Municipal Golf Course: The Alderson Municipal Golf Course is a 9-hole golf course that is located on the outskirts of town. The course is open to the public from April to October.
10. Visit the Monroe County Historical Society Museum: The Monroe County Historical Society Museum is located in the former Alderson Interurban Railway Station. The museum is open from May to October.