There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Albright, West Virginia! For starters, the city is home to a number of parks perfect for an afternoon of play. Oak Grove Park, for example, features a playground, a basketball court, and a picnic area. Or, head to Muddy Creek Falls State Park to explore hiking trails, take in the scenic views, and go for a swim.
In addition, Albright is home to a number of kid-friendly attractions. The West Virginia Mine wars Museum, for instance, tells the story of the Coal River Valley through exhibits and artifacts. Or, visit the Appalachian Glass Studio to watch glass blowing demonstrations and try your hand at making your own piece of art.
No matter what your interests are, there is sure to be something for everyone in Albright, West Virginia!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Albright, West Virginia
1. Take a walk or bike ride on the rail trail: The trail is a scenic 3.5-mile hike/bike trail that follows an old railroad line. The trailhead is located at the south end of town.
2. Visit the West Virginia Wesleyan College campus: The college campus is located in the center of town. It features beautiful old buildings, a chapel, and a museum.
3. Have a picnic at Albright City Park: The park is located on the north side of town and features a playground, picnic pavilions, and a walking trail.
4. Go fishing at the trout pond: The pond is located on the north side of town and is stocked with trout. A fishing license is required.
5. Visit the Randolph County Historical Museum: The museum is located in the former county courthouse and features exhibits on the history of the county.
6. Take a scenic drive on the back roads: There are many scenic back roads in the area that are perfect for a leisurely drive.
7. Go for a hike: There are several hiking trails in the area, including the Blackwater Falls State Park trails.
8. Visit the West Virginia Mine Wars Museum: The museum is located in the town of Matewan and tells the story of the coal mine wars.
9. Visit the town of Cass: The town of Cass is located about 30 minutes from Albright and is home to the Cass Scenic Railroad.
10. Have a picnic at Godwin Falls: Godwin Falls is a beautiful waterfall located about 15 minutes from Albright.