There are plenty of fun things for kids to do in Albion, Maine! Visit the beautiful Rockland Regional Park and take a hike or a scenic walk. Visit the interesting and educational Wabanaki Heritage Museum and learn about the area’s rich history. For some outdoor fun, head to the Capisic Brook Preserve and explore the miles of trails or go fishing in the pond. Or, take a short drive to the coast and spend a day exploring the tide pools or hiking the stunning cliffs. No matter what you choose to do, your kids are sure to have a great time in Albion!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Albion, Maine
1. Visit the Capisic Pond Park – The Capisic Pond Park is a great place to take the kids for a day out. There are plenty of activities to keep them occupied, including a playground, basketball courts, a splash pad, and a picnic area.
2. Head to the Fort Knox State Historic Site – Fort Knox is a great place to explore with the kids. They can check out the old fortifications, learn about the history of the area, and even try their hand at panning for gold.
3. Visit the Maine State Museum – The Maine State Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about the state’s history and culture. They can see exhibits on the state’s Native American tribes, the Revolutionary War, and much more.
4. Go for a Hike at the Camden Hills State Park – The Camden Hills State Park is a great place to take the kids for a hike. There are plenty of trails to explore, and the views from the top of the hills are stunning.
5. Check out the Colby College Museum of Art – The Colby College Museum of Art is a great place to take the kids to see some amazing art. They can see paintings, sculptures, and other works of art from all over the world.
6.Visit the Maine Maritime Museum – The Maine Maritime Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about the state’s maritime history. They can see exhibits on shipwrecks, lighthouses, and even try their hand at sailing a small boat.
7. Go for a Swim at the Bangor Municipal Pool – The Bangor Municipal Pool is a great place to take the kids for a swim. They can enjoy the water, play on the playground, and even take a dip in the heated pool.
8. Visit the Bangor Zoo – The Bangor Zoo is a great place to take the kids to see some amazing animals. They can see lions, tigers, and bears, as well as more exotic animals like kangaroos and giraffes.
9. Check out the Children’s Museum of Maine – The Children’s Museum of Maine is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. They can play in the water, climb on the rope course, and even make their own pizzas.
10. Go for a Walk on the Orono Bog Boardwalk – The Orono Bog Boardwalk is a great place to take the kids for a nature walk. They can see all kinds of plants and animals, and even get a close up view of a beaver dam.