Albany is a kid-friendly town with plenty of activities to keep young ones entertained. For an outdoor adventure, head to the park to explore, play on the playground, and picnic. The Albany Aquatic Center is another great option for a hot day, with a pool and splash pad to cool off in. The Albany Museum of Art is also worth a visit, with a hands-on area for kids to create their own art. For a sweet treat, stop by the local ice cream shop, where kids can choose from a variety of flavors.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Albany, Kentucky
1. Visit the Cumberland Falls State Resort Park – The Cumberland Falls State Resort Park is a beautiful state park that offers hiking, camping, picnicking, and fishing opportunities. The state park also features a number of kid-friendly amenities, including a playground, a swimming pool, and a putt-putt golf course.
2. Go tubing down the Rockcastle River – The Rockcastle River is a beautiful river that flows through the Cumberland Falls State Resort Park. The river is perfect for tubing, and there are a number of companies that offer tubing rentals.
3. Visit the Russel Fork River Gorge – The Russel Fork River Gorge is a beautiful gorge that is located just outside of the Cumberland Falls State Resort Park. The gorge offers hiking and picnicking opportunities, and it is also a great place to go swimming.
4. Take a scenic drive down the Daniel Boone Parkway – The Daniel Boone Parkway is a scenic highway that runs through the Cumberland Falls State Resort Park. The highway offers gorgeous views of the Cumberland River, and it is also a great place to go hiking and camping.
5. Visit the Bluegrass Music & Heritage Center – The Bluegrass Music & Heritage Center is a great place to learn about the history of bluegrass music. The center offers a number of exhibits, as well as a gift shop and a cafe.
6. See a show at the Renfro Valley Barn Dance – The Renfro Valley Barn Dance is a popular live music venue that features a variety of different genres of music. The barn dance also offers a dining room, a dance floor, and a playground.
7. Visit the Cumberland Gap National Historical Park – The Cumberland Gap National Historical Park is a beautiful park that offers hiking, picnicking, and camping opportunities. The park also features a number of historic buildings, including a lodge and a visitor center.
8. Go fishing at Lake Cumberland – Lake Cumberland is a beautiful lake that offers a number of different fishing opportunities. The lake is also a great place to go swimming, and there are a number of marinas that offer boat rentals.
9. Take a scenic train ride on the Big South Fork Scenic Railway – The Big South Fork Scenic Railway is a popular tourist attraction that offers beautiful views of the Big South Fork National River. The train ride is a great way to see the river, and it is also a great way to learn about the history of the area.
10. Visit the Mammoth Cave National Park – The Mammoth Cave National Park is a beautiful park that offers a number of different cave tours. The park also features a number of kid-friendly amenities, including a playground and a swimming pool.