There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Alakanuk, Alaska! For starters, you can take them to see the various animals that live in the area. This can be done by going on a tour of the many microbreweries in the area, or by taking a hike through one of the many forests that surround the town. You can also go fishing with the kids, or take them out on a boat to explore the waterways. If you’re looking for something a little more tame, you can always take them to one of the many parks in the area, or to the local library. No matter what you choose to do, your kids are sure to have a great time in Alakanuk!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Alakanuk, Alaska
1. Visit the Alakanuk Schoolhouse to learn about the history of this small Alaskan town.
2. Play at the Alakanuk City Park, which has a playground, picnic tables, and a basketball court.
3. take a walk or bike ride on the Alakanuk River Trail.
4. Fish for salmon in the Alakanuk River.
5. Watch the birds at the Alakanuk Bird Sanctuary.
6. Visit the Alakanuk Russian Orthodox Church.
7. Learn about Alakanuk’s Native American heritage at the Alakanuk Tribal House.
8. See the Alaska Native village of Alakanuk from the top of the Alakanuk Mountain.
9. Go berry picking in the summer months.
10. Try your hand at gold panning in one of the many creeks in the area.