Aiud is a town in Romania that is filled with kid-friendly activities. One of the best things to do with kids in Aiud is to explore the old city. Kids will love walking around the narrow, winding streets and exploring the old buildings. Another great activity is to visit the Aiud Prison Museum. This museum is full of history and interesting stories. Kids will love learning about the prison and its prisoners. Finally, no trip to Aiud would be complete without a visit to the nearby Bear Cave. This cave is one of the most popular attractions in Aiud and kids will love seeing the bears that live inside.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Aiud, Romania
1. Visit the Alba Iulia Citadel – The Alba Iulia Citadel is a must-see for any history lover. This well-preserved 18th-century fortification is the largest citadel in Romania and was once the country’s capital. Today, the citadel is a popular tourist destination, with many restaurants, shops, and museums located within its walls.
2.Explore the Aiudul de Sus Natural Reserve – The Aiudul de Sus Natural Reserve is a great place to explore the Romanian countryside. This protected area is home to many different species of plants and animals, as well as some stunning natural scenery. Visitors can hike, bike, or even take a horse-drawn carriage ride through the reserve.
3. Visit the Alba County Museum – The Alba County Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the county. The museum houses a large collection of artifacts from the Roman, medieval, and modern periods, as well as a number of interactive exhibits.
4. Take a walk through the Old Town – The Old Town is a great place to take a leisurely stroll and soak up the atmosphere of Aiud. This historic area is home to a number of well-preserved buildings from the medieval and early modern periods, as well as a number of museums and art galleries.
5. Visit the Aiud Observatory – The Aiud Observatory is a must-see for any science lover. This facility houses a large telescope which is open to the public for viewing astronomical events. The observatory also offers a number of educational programs and workshops throughout the year.
6. Tour the Aiud Power Plant – The Aiud Power Plant is a great place to learn about the city’s energy production. This facility produces electricity for the city using both hydroelectric and thermal power. Visitors can take a tour of the plant and learn about how it operates.
7. Visit the Aiud Cathedral – The Aiud Cathedral is a beautiful historic church located in the center of the city. The cathedral is home to a number of important religious artifacts, as well as a number of interesting works of art. Visitors can also climb to the top of the cathedral’s tower for a stunning view of the city.
8. Take a ride on the Aiud Cable Car – The Aiud Cable Car is a great way to see the city from above. This aerial tramway takes passengers on a short ride from the city center to the top of a nearby hill. From the top of the hill, visitors can enjoy a panoramic view of the city.
9. Visit the Aiud Water Park – The Aiud Water Park is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day. The water park features a number of different pools and slides, as well as a lazy river. Visitors can also rent cabanas and enjoy food and drink service.
10. Go on a wine tour – The Aiud region is home to a number of different vineyards and wineries. Visitors can take a tour of a local winery to learn about the winemaking process and taste some of the region’s wines.