There is plenty for kids to do in Adak, Alaska. They can explore the natural beauty of the area by hiking, biking, or kayaking. There are also museums and art galleries to enjoy. For something different, kids can go dog sledding or visit a reindeer farm. In Adak, there is always something new to discover.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Adak, Alaska
1. Whale watching is one of the best things to do in Adak, Alaska. You can see Orcas, Humpback Whales, and more from the shores or from a boat. There are many Whale Watching Charters that operate out of Adak.
2. Hiking is another great activity to do in Adak. There are many hiking trails that wind through the wilderness. You can see wildlife, flowers, and stunning views of the ocean and mountains.
3. Camping is a popular pastime in Adak. There are many great camping spots that offer seclusion and outstanding scenery. You can find campsites that are right on the beach or in the mountains.
4. Fishing is a must-do while in Adak. There are many charter companies that offer fishing excursions. You can also fish from the shore or from a boat. You can catch salmon, halibut, and other fish in the waters around Adak.
5. Hunting is another popular activity in Adak. You can hunt for caribou, deer, elk, and moose in the wilderness. There are many guides and outfitters that can help you plan a successful hunt.
6. Kayaking is a great way to explore the coastline of Adak. You can paddle through calm waters or go whitewater kayaking in the rivers. There are many kayak rentals and tours available.
7. Adak is home to many glaciers. You can explore these glaciers by hiking, flying, or taking a boat tour. You can see icebergs, calving glaciers, and wildlife up close on a glacier tour.
8. The Adak National Wildlife Refuge is a great place to see wildlife. You can see birds, seals, otters, and other animals in their natural habitat. There are many guided tours available.
9. The Adak Maritime Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Adak. You can see exhibits on the native peoples, the Russian fur trade, the WWII military base, and more.
10. The Adak Botanical Gardens is a beautiful place to see flowers and plants. You can stroll through the gardens or take a guided tour.