Actopan is a historic town located in the Mexican state of Hidalgo. The town was founded in 1540 by the Spanish conquistador Francisco Vázquez de Coronado. Actopan is located in the Sierra Madre Oriental mountain range and is known for its beautiful scenery and friendly locals. There are many kid-friendly things to do in Actopan, such as visiting the El Zocalo square, viewing the town’s murals, and taking a ride on the Actopan Tequila Express. The El Zocalo square is a central gathering place in the town and is surrounded by restaurants, cafes, and shops. The square is also home to the Actopan Municipal Palace, which is a beautiful historic building that houses the town’s government offices. The Actopan murals are a must-see for any visitor to the town. The murals were painted by local artists and depict scenes from the town’s history and culture. The Actopan Tequila Express is a popular tourist attraction that takes visitors on a tour of the town’s tequila distilleries. The train ride is a great way to learn about the process of making tequila and to sample some of the town’s finest tequilas.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Actopan, Mexico
1) Take a tour of the Hacienda de San Antonio winery – Hacienda de San Antonio is a beautiful winery located in Actopan, Mexico. They offer tours of the facility, which include a look at the vineyards, the production process, and the tasting room. The tours are very kid-friendly and the staff is always happy to answer any questions.
2) Visit the Actopan Ruins – The Actopan Ruins are a must-see for any history buff. These ancient ruins date back to the pre-Hispanic era and offer a fascinating glimpse into the past. The ruins are located just outside of town and are easily accessible by bus or taxi.
3) Go for a swim at one of the many local pools – Actopan is home to several public pools that are perfect for a refreshing swim. Most of the pools are located in the town center and are open to the public.
4) Rent a bicycle and explore the area – Actopan is a great place to explore by bicycle. There are many trails and paths to choose from, and the scenery is simply gorgeous. Bike rentals are readily available in town.
5) Visit the Actopan Zoo – The Actopan Zoo is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. The zoo is home to a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. The zoo also has a playground, picnic areas, and a petting zoo.
6) Play a round of golf at the Actopan Golf Club – The Actopan Golf Club is a great place to tee off. The course is located just outside of town and offers stunning views of the surrounding area. The club also has a pro shop and a restaurant.
7) Take a cooking class – Actopan is home to several cooking schools that offer classes for all levels of experience. These classes are a great way to learn about the local cuisine and culture.
8) Go on a shopping spree – Actopan is home to several shops and boutiques that offer a wide variety of merchandise. Whether you’re looking for souvenirs or gifts, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in Actopan.
9) Visit the Actopan Museum – The Actopan Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the area. The museum features a variety of exhibits, as well as a gift shop.
10) Attend a festival – Actopan is home to several festivals throughout the year, including the Festival of the Virgin of Guadalupe and the Day of the Dead. These festivals are a great way to experience the local culture and traditions.