If you’re looking for fun things to do with kids in Acaponeta, Mexico, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of activities to keep little ones entertained, from exploring the local parks and playgrounds to playing in the water at one of the many beaches.
For a truly memorable experience, take a boat ride out to Isla de los Roques, an uninhabited island off the coast of Acaponeta. Here, you can swim, snorkel, and explore the rocky coastline. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even hike to the island’s highest point for stunning views of the surrounding area.
Another great option for families is a day trip to El Cielo Wildlife Sanctuary, where you can see a variety of animals, including monkeys, sloths, and toucans. There are also several hiking trails through the jungle, so you can explore the area at your own pace.
Whatever you end up doing, you’re sure to have a great time with your kids in Acaponeta.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Acaponeta, Mexico
1. Visit the Cactus Garden – The Cactus Garden is a great place to visit with kids. There are a variety of cacti and succulents to see, and the garden also has a playground and a café.
2. Go to the beach – Acaponeta has a beautiful sandy beach that is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and playing in the waves.
3. Visit the El Arco de Cabo San Lucas – El Arco is a natural rock formation that is a popular tourist destination. It is located about an hour away from Acaponeta, but it is definitely worth the drive.
4. Swim in the San Cristobal Lagoon – The San Cristobal Lagoon is a freshwater lagoon that is home to a variety of fish and other aquatic animals. It is a great spot for swimming, relaxing, and picnicking.
5.Explore the town of Acaponeta – Acaponeta is a small town, but there are still a few things to see and do. There is a church, a few shops, and a few restaurants.
6. See theWhale Sharks – From mid-November to mid-February, whale sharks gather in the waters off the coast of Acaponeta. This is a great opportunity to see these gentle giants up close.
7. Visit the San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo Mission – The San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo Mission is a beautiful Spanish mission that was built in the early 1700s. It is a great place to learn about the history of the area and see some beautiful architecture.
8. Take a scenic drive down the coast – The coast road between Acaponeta and Puerto Vallarta is one of the most scenic drives in Mexico. It is a great way to see the beautiful coastline and stop at some of the small towns along the way.
9. Go horseback riding – Horseback riding is a great way to see the countryside and get some exercise. There are a number of companies that offer horseback riding tours in the Acaponeta area.
10. Visit the Acaponeta River Canyon – The Acaponeta River Canyon is a beautiful spot for hiking, camping, and picnicking. The canyon is located just outside of town and is a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.