There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Abiko, Japan. For starters, families can enjoy the many parks and playgrounds located throughout the city. In particular, the Jindai Botanical Gardens and the Jindai Zoo are popular attractions. Other outdoor activities include hiking and picnicking in the nearby mountains.
Indoors, the Abiko Civic Center features a large indoor pool, a gymnasium, and a library. The Abiko Museum of Art is also worth a visit, as it has a number of kid-friendly exhibits. Families can also take advantage of the many kid-friendly restaurants in Abiko, which offer a variety of cuisine from around the world.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Abiko, Japan
1. Take a walk through Aeon Mall Abiko. Aeon Mall Abiko is a large shopping mall that has a variety of stores, restaurants, and a movie theater. There is also a large food court with a variety of different cuisines.
2. Visit the Abiko Nature Museum. The Abiko Nature Museum is a museum that has exhibits on the local flora and fauna, as well as the history of the area. There is also a nature trail that goes through the museum grounds.
3. Go for a swim at the Abiko Municipal Swimming Pool. The Abiko Municipal Swimming Pool is a large outdoor pool that is open to the public. There is also a kiddie pool and a wading pool for younger children.
4. Play at the Abiko Children’s Park. The Abiko Children’s Park is a park that has a playground, a sandpit, and a small zoo. There are also a number of benches and picnic tables for families to use.
5. Visit the Abiko City Museum. The Abiko City Museum is a museum that covers the history of the city of Abiko. There are a number of exhibits on the city’s founder, the early years of the city, and the present day.
6. Stroll through the Rikusui-en gardens. The Rikusui-en gardens are a set of traditional Japanese gardens that were built in the early 20th century. They are beautiful in any season, but are especially lovely in the spring when the Cherry blossoms are in bloom.
7. Have a picnic at the Shinkawa Park. The Shinkawa Park is a large park that has a playground, a basketball court, and a river that runs through it. There are also a number of picnic tables and BBQ pits that families can use.
8. Go fishing at the Kameido-no-Mizuguchi Park. The Kameido-no-Mizuguchi Park is a park that has a pond where families can go fishing. There is also a playground and a number of picnic tables.
9. Visit the John Lennon Museum. The John Lennon Museum is a museum dedicated to the life and work of the late musician John Lennon. There are a number of exhibits on Lennon’s life, his music, and his impact on the world.
10. Take a walk or bike ride through the Abiko Greenway. The Abiko Greenway is a walking and biking path that goes through the city. It is a great way to see the city and get some exercise.