» Three Things Thursday – ok, way more than three things
Three Things Thursday – ok, way more than three things
|May 10, 2012
Posted by Carrie
Man, I’m wordy this week… so this is double the Three Things Thursday
1. I feel like I’m coming out from under the huge cloud of the semester of school. I’ve been putting so much energy into just getting the basics covered that I’ve had little energy for much else. I hate talking on the phone lately and haven’t even been talking to my mom very much. We had dinner the other night and that may have been our first real conversation in probably 6 weeks. I’m even getting a little ahead of myself and lining up some books to read. I won’t download them until next week – still have 2 finals to go.
2. I went for a run yesterday. I can’t say that the stars were aligned for this one. It wasn’t horrible, and it was only 2 miles. But, it was like my stomach was in shock that I wanted to go faster than a walk. My legs and mind thoroughly enjoyed it. I even worked up a decent sweat. Yay! You’re welcome to my classmates for being stinky.
3. There are a few things that I hate to grocery shop for (this is probably worthy of its own blog post), one is jam or jelly (butter and mayonnaise are two others). I hate the ingredient lists on almost every option out there. Sugar in every form possible in the jams or jellies (what’s the difference between the two anyway?). After my new found love of Chia seeds, this recipe that I found on Pinterest yesterday looks amazing. I may make some today.
Source: eatingbirdfood.com via Carrie on Pinterest
4. The orthopedist told me to keep my foot/ankle compressed. He said the KTTape is fine, but suggested I get a neoprene ankle sleeve. I went to the sports therapy store he suggested and wasn’t impressed with the bulkiness of my options. I’ve been looking for a reason to try a Tommie Copper product and I think this is the perfect opportunity. I ordered it already.
5. I’m going for a run again today and then want to do a long run on Saturday. My last long run was 4 weeks ago at 8 miles. Is it a bad idea to go farther than that 8 miles? Should I go less? Is my idea of going 10 a bad one?
6. I had the brilliant idea the other day to combine my two worlds – the parent and the student. At Dude’s school, the PTA has partnered with a nutrition program through the local hospital. Our volunteer parent help has been pretty slim. Then, it occurred to me that Dietetics students are all looking for ways to get some work experience and boost up their resumes in preparation for the all important internship and that maybe they’d want to volunteer. So, I made an announcement in my nutrition class the other day and instantly got 5 volunteers! Yay! We only have one more session this year, but I’m hoping that some of the students will help next year. Yay for a good idea!
Do you like my counting skills? Anything you hate to grocery shop for? Do you know the difference between jam and jelly? Any thoughts on mileage for my long run this weekend? Anyone have any Tommy Copper products? Are they as good as billed?
And two final funnies from Pinterest: