My Must Have Fitness Favorites
This is yesterday’s Blogger Challenge Topic – my must have fitness favorites.
1. Shoes: I wear Brooks Glycerin 9′s. Love them. The toe box is nice and wide and comfy. I don’t get the random blisters on weird toes that I have with other shoes. Good shoes are vital. Go to a store that knows what they’re doing. If you have a small running store locally, go there.
2. My Spibelt: Love this. I wear it almost every workout – even at the gym. It fits my phone and keys and more if needed. I feel like I get a little over-geared-up at times like in the picture below. But, my Spibelt is always part of my gear.
3. My phone: first because I have kids and feel the need to not be out of contact ever. But, also because my music is on my phone. And, since I’ve already shared that I’m rather lame about keeping up my workout playlists, with my phone I can listen to Spotify (my new favorite) or Podcasts. And, then I can take pictures too.
4. A plan. If I didn’t make a plan the night before or as my day gets started as to how I’m going to fit in some exercise that day, it just doesn’t happen. While I am training for 2 half marathons in October, I don’t have an official plan right now. But, I have had official training plans in the past and I post them in plain sight for focus and motivation.
5. A support system. Sometimes my support system is my family cheering me on at a race, or my gym friend, or my running buddy and sometimes my support system is all of the amazing bloggers that I find inspiring. Wherever the support comes from, it’s a must have for being healthy and achieving your fitness goals.
Those are my must haves for fitness. Do you have anything to add to the list? Do you run/workout with your phone?