Are you ready for more random about me? I may possibly be the last person to complete this little game, but EMZ (of RunEMZ) and Michelle (of Running With Attitude) tagged me for a slightly different Random Things about me post. And, since I just feel like I’m out of Random facts about myself, I decided to make this a whole themed thing. And, now that I can count – there are 44 things total. That’s for you, EMZ!
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random Things about me (see if you can figure out the theme):
1. I love to take naps – I used to nap almost daily in college
2. I had a friend in college who lived in the room across the hall and had the most comfortable bed ever and I used to steal naps in her bed
3. I can nap in the afternoon and still sleep at night
4. I can have caffeine in the evening and still sleep at night
5. When I was little, we had a skunk infestation in our house and I slept through people tramping around the house during the night.
6. I didn’t sleep through the Northridge earthquake
7. I can fall asleep within 3 minutes of my head hitting the pillow at night
8. I fell asleep driving my car once – was so super lucky that all I did was hit a barrier and break my side view mirror – stupid things we do in college
9. Both of my children gave up napping at about 2 1/2 – I took naps through kindergarten – oh, I guess I took naps through college
10. I can’t remember the last time I took a nap – sad face
11. I thought I could come up with 11 random things about my sleep skills, but I guess I could only think of 10.
1. Do you love or hate the treadmill and why? Love/Hate: I like the convenience – I like not having to decide where to go – I like that it makes me keep a pace – I hate the location of the TM’s at my gym, bad angle to see the tv.
2. Describe yourself in three words. driven, generous, optimistic
3. Describe your best friend. my husband: kind, funny, smart
4. Text or call? text: unless you’re one of the 3 people I talk to daily (you know who you are)
5. Favorite place to eat? tie: Pancake House or Mongolian BBQ
6. Where did you first see your wife/husband/significant other? we were set up on a blind date – so when he picked me up
7. Do you buy lottery tickets? sometimes as a gift
8. The first thing you do in the morning. Kiss my husband goodbye (he leaves super early AM), kiss my dogs good morning – get coffee
9. Favorite recovery drink. Coffee (what? that’s not a recovery drink?)
10. If you could have any car in the world, which would you buy? when I was 16, my dream car was a red Toyota Celica Convertible – now, I’m happy with my minivan – but, I’d still take a convertible
11. What do you collect? I used to collect mini tea pots, but now I’m very anti-clutter, so I don’t collect anything – although I still am a sucker for an owl (leftover from my sorority days).
Favorite quote or saying (not from a movie)? One I heard recently: “you don’t have to wait for your life to be perfect to enjoy it”
Favorite movie quote? I suck at remembering movie quotes… How about a tv show quote: name that show… “The sea was angry that day my friends…”
3 dinner guests -who would they be? (Can be dead or alive) President Kennedy, and President and Mrs. Obama
Favorite indulgence? Gooey chocolate
Favorite Cocktail (or beer or wine)? wine
Favorite book from childhood? The Black Stallion Series
Have you traveled abroad? Where? Japan as a kid, Europe this past summer
Beyond running, what’s your favorite hobby? Reading (I knit too, but just can’t seem to make the time for that lately)
What 3 things do you have to have in the morning? coffee, a hug from Dude and a few quiet minutes to myself
What 3 things do you have to have when you head to bed? my oatmeal prepped for the morning, a kiss from my husband, and a quick peek at my sleeping children
What’s your biggest pet peeve? oh, there are so many… people who make promises that they can’t keep
Here are my questions:
1. Do you like to take naps?
2. Can you sleep on long car rides?
3. How old were your kids when they gave up napping?
4. Have you ever fallen asleep when it could be considered dangerous?
Ok – I’m out of sleep questions – so we’ll go on to my 2nd favorite subject
5. Favorite food you have EVER eaten?
6. What is your least favorite food?
7. Have you ever gotten food poisoning?
8. What’s the worst meal you ever cooked? Did you eat it or throw it away?
9. What’s the best meal you’ve ever cooked? When and what was it?
10. Favorite go-to, never fail recipe?
11. What’s the one recipe that someone gave you that they said was fantastic and you made it and it was awful?
I’m going to break the tagging rule – seriously, I just tagged 15 people for the Versatile Blogger game – if any of you haven’t done that Random thing, then do this one instead . And, I’ve noticed that the last few people I’ve read who have done this are taking the easy way out too. So, if you haven’t been tagged – consider yourself tagged and answer away.
That was fun. Why is it more fun to read the randomness of other people’s lives instead of coming up with my own?
I'm Carrie, a married mom of two in Southern CA. I made my health a priority a few years ago and am passionate about nutrition and fitness. I blog about running, food and my life and all of the ups and downs that all brings. Thanks for following my journey. Contact me: carrie [at] familyfitnessfood [dot] com