1. I went for an easy paced 3 mile run this past Saturday. In honor of Hikermom’s virtual fundraiser for her family friend Colton, a 12 year old battling a rare form of Leukemia for the 3rd time in 3 years. Having a child that age, I felt compelled to get involved. The virtual race goes through the end of the month.
2. The run itself was fine, but by the end, my lower butt (upper hamstring?) started to hurt. By the end of the day it was really sore. I think it’s kind of the adductor muscle? maybe? All my self-diagnosis wasn’t getting me very far. Yes, I have a half marathon in 5 days. No, I’m not sure what to do. No, I won’t be doing any cardio this week (yes, I did go for that walk Sunday, but honestly it felt like it stretched and warmed up as we were going). My foam roller has become my best friend, more than usual. It’s a really deep soreness. It’s feeling better since Sunday, so that’s good.
3. Somehow I managed to leave my yoga mat at the gym last weekend. Who does that? Seriously, I went for yoga class and then left. I think the problem was that I also made a stop in the gym locker room and put my stuff down when I decided to take the picture below. So, I can’t multi-task very well and then must have been messing with my phone and forgot that I had been there for yoga and should have left with the mat. Is it also really bad that I didn’t actually notice until this past Saturday – 6 days later? I was getting a chair out of the back of my car and realized the mat wasn’t in the car.
4. Best Body Bootcamp started yesterday – the first workout was amazing. I’m so glad I’ve signed up for this. I’m doing a little modification this week, with laying off the lower leg work to allow whatever in my butt is hurting to get better and to also keep my legs fresh as possible for Sunday. So, no squats or lunges or cardio for me. I did do the suicide squats, maybe I shouldn’t have, but we’re all realizing I don’t always make the right decisions. Have you ever done a Scorpion? Well, here is me attempting it.
My friend got a great picture, just before I rolled off the ball and on to my butt. I’m determined to get this one down in these next 8 weeks. I’m already loving Bootcamp. And, I’m so glad that my gym friend signed up with me. Although she was cursing me during those Scorpions.
5. Don’t forget to vote – please :
6. Come back later today for 23 PAWS – The fun blogger pet link up. One of my favorite link ups
Ever left something at the gym? and not realized it for 6 days? Have you tried the Scorpion?
I'm Carrie, a married mom of two in Southern CA. I made my health a priority a few years ago and am passionate about nutrition and fitness. I blog about running, food and my life and all of the ups and downs that all brings. Thanks for following my journey. Contact me: carrie [at] familyfitnessfood [dot] com
Enter code FAMFITFOOD at checkout for $10 off your registration.