What I’m loving these days
|October 27, 2013||Posted by Carrie under bloggers, dogs, Running|
I went for a run twice this weekend and things were great – which made me think about good things happening right now – so, I thought to share what I’m loving these days:
1. My walking buddies are awesome. My friend Coco has written several times about how her dog motivates her to get out and run/walk by carrying her shoes in her mouth. I’ve decided that I need to get my dogs out more and both runs this weekend started with a mile walk warm up with them. Then, I take the pups home and continue on my own. Both runs on Friday and Sunday were 30 minutes of 2:00 running and a 30 second walk break. Neither ankle had any issues.
2. My Wahine Sport Shrug. How cute is this? I won it on a giveaway from my friend Elle at Eat, Run, Sail. I love it, especially now that the weather is cooler. Please excuse the blurry picture courtesy of the 10 year old photographer.
It even has thumb holes. So cute!
3. I think the reason why my ankles are feeling better has something to do with my Tommie Copper socks. I’ve shared my love of their compression gear several times and have finally worn out the one ankle sleeve that I had. I’m eagerly awaiting the two new ankle sleeves that I ordered. In the meantime, I’m supplementing with some KT tape and also doing some research into some ankle strengthening moves I can do. I really think there is just some angry tendon/ligament problems going on in both of them – if they feel that much better with some taping… right? MRI results on Friday, although the MRI was only one ankle, cuz the other one wasn’t acting up the last time I was at the doctor.
4. Mini Babybel Cheese: a while back, the nice people at Babybel sent me some samples of their new Mozzarella flavor. It’s so yummy! So much milder than the original flavor, my kids and their friends love this one. I had a special request from a visiting friend the other day for them. Such a yummy little snack item! And I’ve finally spotted them in my local store – yay! Thank you Babybel!
5. My new-to-me computer – I am finally getting everything set up for me. Last step was syncing my photo stream to this one… see, this post even has watermarked photos and everything!! Success.
6. My 40 Plus Fitness group – I haven’t talked about my fitness program too much since the program has been going and I’ll try to get together a good recap as it wraps up in two more weeks. Let me just say that Tamara from FitKnitChick knows her stuff for the over 40 crowd. Not only does she put together a great exercise plan, but her program includes homework to help us look at a complete picture of our health. We learned about macronutrient balance, hormone balance and also get to be a part of an amazing support network. Getting older is totally manageable with a little knowledge. Not only that, the workouts are great and have been a nice change of pace for me. Thanks Tamara! (BTW, Tamara is working on the finishing touches of her first book – you can pre-order it here: Ultimate Booty Workouts: Exercises to Build, Lift and Sculpt an Amazing Butt.) There are going to be additional online programs as well – check out her website: FitKnitChick for more information – you can subscribe to her newsletter for all the details.
7. This awesome lady:
Kat from Sneakers and Fingerpaints just completed her first marathon yesterday – and she rocked it!! Congratulations Kat on your MCM Finish!!!!
8. Random: I got a new keyboard at work and it’s random stuff like that and new pens that make me happy.
What’s making you happy this Monday morning?