|February 13, 2014||Posted by Carrie under Running|
Happy Friday! It’s time for some Friday updates!
1. I read on my Runners World calendar recently that a simple way to strengthen your ankles is to stand on one foot with your eyes closed. 30 seconds twice a day on each foot is enough. So, I’ve been doing it for the last week, figure it can’t hurt. Is it weird that after a few days, my left ankle is feeling stronger? That’s the one with the nerve issues and it was starting to get a little tender and now it seems a little happier. Maybe it’s in my head, but I’ll take it.
2. Runs this week – - Wednesday night run was awful. Stupid ankles and this time my right ankle was cranky. Like a ligament was loose and it was just flappy. I know that sounds weird. I did 3 miles with some little pickup speed bursts, but it kind of sucked.
3. Run last night – I hardly ever run two days in a row, but that’s just what the schedule was going to allow this week. Thursday evening’s sports practice location gives me the super hilly option, so I took it. My ankle was totally fine. So weird.
4. Happy Valentine’s Day! How do you celebrate Valentine’s? I’m making Peace, Love and Low Carb’s Chili recipe for a family dinner with a salad and cornbread. We do exchange little gifts, too. How do you celebrate?
5. Happy Birthday to my friend and Ragnar teammate Melissa from The ValentineRD! Sharing your bday with a big holiday deserves an extra birthday wish! Please take a minute to go and wish her a happy bday – either on her blog or Twitter –