|August 29, 2013||Posted by Carrie under food, injury|
One more week of summer vacation around here – - the countdown is on! Time for a Friday Five!
1. This started last night – - – I love college football!
OK, so that’s not the football part – I wanted to ride Traveler when I went to college – I thought I’d be the first female to do so.
2. I have a super secret confession – I like to read GOMI. It’s snarky and funny at times, and I wish people weren’t so mean, but I do think it’s interesting to read the negatives about what goes on with blogs. I take it all with a huge grain of salt, and use it to remind myself why I have a blog. Especially when people talk about how often bloggers lose their focus and the quality of their blogs goes down the more often the freebies come rolling in. It’s hard to stay true to you when you are becoming a big commercial. The freebies are fun, but that’s not why I’m here. The funniest discussion I read the other day had to do with ending blog posts with questions… while it’s snarky and sometimes mean spirited, they’re kind of right – if the questions seem forced, they probably are. I’m totally guilty of that.
3. My toe still hurts. It’s a dull achy and very annoying throb at the worst. I was due to go back to the doctor next week, but he rescheduled my appointment. I’m really thinking that the stupid bone spur just needs to get out. I hate the limitations I have right now. I need to do some more homework into what’s involved with surgery, but my initial information seem like a 4 week type layoff would be involved. That’s not so bad, right? My ankle does seem to be getting better. The pain isn’t gone, but it’s better than it was. I have to push hard on the bone to find the pain.
4. I’m very excited about my new fitness program that starts on September 9th. Mainly because I clearly cannot come up with workouts on my own that don’t leave out key muscle groups. Case in point: while I can’t do lunges, I *can* do side lunges. I added those into my workout on Wednesday and could hardly walk yesterday. Oops.
5. I haven’t shared many food pictures lately – but I had this for dinner the other night and it was awesome. Eggs and Sriracha are awesome together.
6. A bonus because I was adding that picture and it reminded me about this… I got figs in my CSA box last week and posted a question on FB asking what to do with them. I really had never had a fresh fig before. The suggestions I got were to just eat them. So, I tried one and it was yummy. I decided to use them as topping to my oatmeal. Awesome idea. This is oatmeal prepared with cocoa powder, blueberries and flax. I add a little honey when I use the cocoa powder and then top with figs after heating. YUM!!!! I’m so sorry that overnight oats look so awful in pictures.
Happy Friday everyone!