1. Go check out my friend Rachelle’s blog – she’s hosting a virtual run today in show of support for her friend’s son Colton who is going to the hospital today for his 3rd transplant in his fight against Lukemia. Please get out today and run or walk 1.5 miles and send a picture to Rachelle. She’s going to share all the support with Colton and his family to let him know how many people are thinking about him today.
2. Biggest Loser – just a few notes (no spoilers here Coco, don’t worry)… they ran a 5k this week. Made me think about the amazing feeling I had after finishing my first 5k. I loved the pep talks the contestants were giving themselves while they ran. It’s such a mental sport and teaches you such a great lesson about how much you can do if you put your mind to it.
3. Biggest Loser – again on that 5K. They were running along the beach in Long Beach. Right where I ran this race and this race. Such a beautiful location. I wish I’d known they were filming that, I totally would have been there. Biggest Loser is hosting a series of RunWalk events around the country – check out this link to find locations.
4. Best Body Bootcamp update – my workouts are going okay this week. The moves of the week that left me walking a little crooked… one legged dumbbell deadlift and split squats. We’ve done deadlifts before, but since 10 pound weights are the max I have at home and I just wasn’t feeling like that was enough. But when the move became a one legged deadlift, that was the killer. Split squats were awesome last BBB round and clearly they are still something I need to do.
5. Another thought on working out at night – especially with the strength workouts that I’ve been doing, it’s weird to wake up the next morning and not be sore from the workout. But, I think the DOMS really does take 24 hours because as it gets later in the days, my muscle soreness creeps in. And by then, with the whole day since the workout, I seriously have to think hard about why the heck my muscles are hurting.
Who else works out at night and then forgets why they’re sore by the next night?
It’s Friday – check out Jill’s blog hop. Happy Fitness Friday friends.
I'm Carrie, a married mom of two in Southern CA. I made my health a priority a few years ago and am passionate about nutrition and fitness. I blog about running, food and my life and all of the ups and downs that all brings. Thanks for following my journey. Contact me: carrie [at] familyfitnessfood [dot] com