Home » Best Body Bootcamp, bloggers, challenge, FitFluential, Fitness Friday, Virtual 5K » Fitness Friday – Five Fast Updates
Fitness Friday – Five Fast Updates
|December 7, 2012||Posted by Carrie under Best Body Bootcamp, bloggers, challenge, FitFluential, Fitness Friday, Virtual 5K|
Lot’s of little things to catch up on today… It’s Fitness Friday and I’ve got Five Fast Updates (I couldn’t think of a 3rd word for my alliteration – fail)
1. First, have you seen Sharaholic’s new Channels? They now have a Health and Fitness channel and are featuring many blogs of Fitfleuntial Ambassadors. Including my blog! So awesome! Go and check out Shareaholic.com for some amazing reads on health and fitness. There are also a variety of other channels – there’s something for everyone out there!
2. Yesterday I got in my miles for my blogger friend Courtney’s Hope Endures Virtual 5K. This is my second year of support for Courtney in her memorial event for her daughter Ashlyn. In Courtney’s words – ” Its a celebration of change and a celebration of never-ending love.” I went for a walk with a good friend of mine and celebrated having good friends to lean on when needed.
3. Best Body Bootcamp – This is the end of week 7 of bootcamp. I still love every minute. Even this past week’s upper body workout that left me with the most jello-y arms ever. This bootcamp is just perfect for me – I get an email with details of a workout and I get it done. Registration for BBB #4 is already open – you can go to Tina’s blog and sign up. Bootcamp begins on January 7th! Perfect to kick of 2013! All levels are welcome – Tina gives you modifications for every exercise. You don’t need a gym or fancy equipment – I’ve been doing a lot of workouts at home. I’d love it if you’d sign up – I promise you’ll be happy with the results that you see. Let me know if you’re going to join in.
4. Healthy Ever After – Today is the 2nd lesson of the year for the Healthy Ever After program at my son’s school. I’m teaching the 4th graders a lesson about whole grains and then serving them some whole grain popcorn. Part of the lesson for the older kids includes learning how to read nutrition labels. I really love this program. I’ll let you all know how it goes.
5. Don’t forget – You can be my twin and win an Under Armour Fleece Hoodie – check out the giveaway – ends December 13th.
Happy Friday everyone! I’m linking up with Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness for Fitness Friday – go check out Jill’s blog – she’s my amazing blogger friend who ran 12 half marathons in 2012. She’s starting a challenge of 13 races in 2013 (any length races) – and today she’s sharing some great lessons about what she learned from this year’s challenge.