|March 1, 2013||Posted by Carrie under Best Body Bootcamp, bloggers, fitness, Fitness Friday|
I’ve started and stopped blogs posts 4 different times this week and just can’t seem to complete my thoughts. I feel like I”m busy checking off lots of things on my to do lists, so hopefully blogging will get back up to the top (damn you, real life priorities!) In the meantime, there have been… more
|February 2, 2013||Posted by Carrie under bloggers, Running|
I used to love to jump in mud puddles when I was a kid. I wish I could find one of my favorite pictures of me covered in mud to share. I guess I haven’t outgrown that love. Because next weekend, I’ll be participating in this… The Go Dirty Girl Mud Run in San Diego –… more
|December 20, 2012||Posted by Carrie under Best Body Bootcamp, bloggers, Running|
There are many days where I write stuff here and then think to myself, “does anyone really care what I write?” There are so many more important things in the world than my blog and my little journey of health. But, then I think again, ‘this is my blog, I get to write about what… more
|December 7, 2012||Posted by Carrie under Best Body Bootcamp, bloggers, challenge, FitFluential, Fitness Friday, Virtual 5K|
Lot’s of little things to catch up on today… It’s Fitness Friday and I’ve got Five Fast Updates (I couldn’t think of a 3rd word for my alliteration – fail) 1. First, have you seen Sharaholic’s new Channels? They now have a Health and Fitness channel and are featuring many blogs of Fitfleuntial Ambassadors. Including… more
Lot’s of little things to catch up on today… It’s Fitness Friday and I’ve got Five Fast Updates (I couldn’t think of a 3rd word for my alliteration – fail)
1. First, have you seen Sharaholic’s new Channels? They now have a Health and Fitness channel and are featuring many blogs of Fitfleuntial Ambassadors. Including my blog! So awesome! Go and check out Shareaholic.com for some amazing reads on health and fitness. There are also a variety of other channels – there’s something for everyone out there!
2. Yesterday I got in my miles for my blogger friend Courtney’s Hope Endures Virtual 5K. This is my second year of support for Courtney in her memorial event for her daughter Ashlyn. In Courtney’s words – ” Its a celebration of change and a celebration of never-ending love.” I went for a walk with a good friend of mine and celebrated having good friends to lean on when needed.
3. Best Body Bootcamp – This is the end of week 7 of bootcamp. I still love every minute. Even this past week’s upper body workout that left me with the most jello-y arms ever. This bootcamp is just perfect for me – I get an email with details of a workout and I get it done. Registration for BBB #4 is already open – you can go to Tina’s blog and sign up. Bootcamp begins on January 7th! Perfect to kick of 2013! All levels are welcome – Tina gives you modifications for every exercise. You don’t need a gym or fancy equipment – I’ve been doing a lot of workouts at home. I’d love it if you’d sign up – I promise you’ll be happy with the results that you see. Let me know if you’re going to join in.
4. Healthy Ever After – Today is the 2nd lesson of the year for the Healthy Ever After program at my son’s school. I’m teaching the 4th graders a lesson about whole grains and then serving them some whole grain popcorn. Part of the lesson for the older kids includes learning how to read nutrition labels. I really love this program. I’ll let you all know how it goes.
5. Don’t forget – You can be my twin and win an Under Armour Fleece Hoodie – check out the giveaway – ends December 13th.
Happy Friday everyone! I’m linking up with Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness for Fitness Friday – go check out Jill’s blog – she’s my amazing blogger friend who ran 12 half marathons in 2012. She’s starting a challenge of 13 races in 2013 (any length races) – and today she’s sharing some great lessons about what she learned from this year’s challenge.