It’s time for Friday Five! – Blogging with a link up and a writing prompt is just about the best motivation for me to write these days (as noted by my last post which was last Friday ;-)). So, get settled in and check out the theme of today – our Favorite Summer Drinks. Thank you to Mar on the Run, You Signed Up for What and Eat, Pray Run DC (Mar, Cynthia and Courtney) for hosting.
Woo Hoo summer! Okay, well I’m in Southern California… what do I know about seasons… I pretty much have the same favorite drinks all year long… maybe the iced coffee is a hot coffee in the non summer months, but that might just be about it (notice I didn’t say winter? yea, we don’t have much of that).
1. Coffee – seriously… coffee is probably my favorite drink, I really don’t care if it’s summer or not. It’s liquid, it’s a drink, it happens every day… therefore, it’s a favorite. My coffee has non-fat milk in it.
2. Iced coffee – hmm… is this the same as #1? I think not. I really only drink iced coffee on a super hot day. And it’s got to have a lot of ice. A. lot. And yesterday, I tried out the new Starbucks Order Ahead program. So cool! Some coworkers were walking down the street for Starbucks and I ordered my drink and paid for it on the app and then they picked it up. Such a convenient idea! (and a dangerous one). My Starbucks drink of choice is an Americano (with non-fat milk), hot or iced, it’s almost always the same thing.
3. LaCroix sparkling water – My favorite flavors are Mango and Cranberry, but I like the Lemon-Lime one too. I keep a few of these cold in the office fridge and they are my go to after lunch drink.
4. SOS – this has become a favorite. I received a few samples of SOS from Jamie at Fitbloggin and I loved it. I was able to pick up some more at my local Ralph’s, so that was pretty awesome.
5. Wine – especially wine in my classy red solo cup wine glass. I love this cup. And a glass of wine to unwind at the end of a busy week is just the best thing in the summer. Who am I kidding… doesn’t matter the season.
As you can see, I’m a low maintenance beverage kind of person. Unsweetened and a little bit of flavor and I’m a happy camper. And a wine that I had in the cabinet and I’m totally not picky.
I know some of you are fancier summer drink people – I look forward to checking out the link up. I’d say I’d be getting ideas, but I know I’ll always be a simple drink person. Anyone else have a red solo cup wine glass? (I got mine at Bristol Farms if you’re interested).