A few updates
|July 21, 2013||Posted by Carrie under Best Body Bootcamp, Disney, injury|
Happy Sunday everyone!
Just a few quick updates:
1. ART treatment is going well. I’ve still got toe issues, but things are getting better. The odd thing is that it actually hurts more to walk than to run. When I walk at a fast speed, I’m pushing off with my toe behind me and that’s not very comfortable. When I run (even on my walk segments), I take small and even steps and I don’t feel any discomfort. The painful position of my toe is best described as if I was in a lunge position – when my right foot is back and my toes are flexed up – that’s what hurts.
2. ART treatment #2 – I’ve had thing ongoing pain in my left (the painful toe is my right foot) ankle. It’s always been right on the ankle bone and my chiropractor has always said that it’s a spot with no soft tissue and not something he can do anything about. We talked about it yesterday and I mentioned that I was thinking about going to the orthopedist to get an MRI as it still hurts and really does feel like a bone bruise. He said he wanted to check it out again and palpated around. This time, when he hit the painful spots and I wanted to jump off the table, he said that the tender points had shifted a little bit and that was good. There are ligaments in those spots and it’s possible that I sprained them. He did say that it’s an unusual spot and typically one that when people sprain that part of their ankle they know they did it. I don’t remember doing anything like that. Not sure why the pain wasn’t under the bone for a while, but now where it hurts is a spot that he thinks he can treat. So, he did that yesterday. The spot was definitely sore the rest of the day, so hopefully some good healing is going on. It’s kind of the short ligaments in this picture. And he didn’t specifically tell me to lay off of it for a few days, but I’m thinking that’s probably a good idea. It was definitely starting to get worse and so it’s time to be a good patient.
3. I know many of you asked about my deodorant experiment. I’ve got mixed reviews. The natural stuff that I bought doesn’t work too badly, but it really doesn’t last all day. I seriously feel it give up at about 2:00 in the afternoon. The Toms deodorant doesn’t seem to give up, so I’ve actually been using both. The good news is that I don’t feel like I start to smell (maybe I should ask someone around me if they agree), I just feel like I start to sweat. I have a friend who uses Melaluca products and I think my next step is to try their active line.
4. Quick Best Body Bootcamp update: Have I mentioned for the 4,000th time that I love BBB? This past week we did staggered push ups. A regular push up with one hand on a small step so that your arms are working unevenly. I was able to do 3 sets of 6 on each side and it was the best move. Made me feel a little hard core right at the start of my day We are now entering week 6 of the 8 week program. The workouts come in two week phases, so week 6 builds on week 5 with the same moves, just more reps of each. I love the way that we only have to sit down every other week and go through a new round of workouts to learn moves. It looks like the next round of Bootcamp is going to run at the end of the summer. Registration will open in August. Don’t worry – I’ll remind you. Not only is my running buddy doing this round, but I’ve got another friend ready to join in the next round. You don’t need to be a blogger – and now there’s a beginner workout option – so there’s something for everyone.
5. After my chiro appointment and ART treatment yesterday, I’m thinking it’s best to scale back the running and walking. I’m going to keep up with the BBB workouts and ride my bike for a while to stay off my ankle. Besides, we went to Disneyland yesterday and I was on my feet for 12 hours, my body is screaming at me a bit. I think today I’m going to do the Best Body Bootcamp Core routine and then do some good stretching. Oh – our Disneyland trip yesterday was to take a friend’s 3 year old for the first time. Nothing better than seeing Disneyland through the eyes of a 3 year old on his first visit.
For you Disney fans… do you remember your first Disneyland/Disney World visit? Do you remember the first time you got to enjoy the visit with a child?