5 For Friday Updates
|January 30, 2014||Posted by Carrie under Running, Uncategorized|
It’s Friday!!! Woo Hoo!!! Things around here are crazy busy as usual, but possibly getting a little more under control, although I always say that and it doesn’t really happen. It’s seems like a good time for some bullet point updates:
1. Dude celebrated his 11th birthday last weekend. We had a great weekend that began with a family dinner at his favorite fondue place (okay, the only fondue place in town) and ended with a sleepover with 6 friends (what was I thinking??). There were soccer games and basketball games in between as well. (The cake looked was a bbq grill – and only cuz we bbq’d burgers for the party).
2. Two months until Ragnar!! Our team had a few roster changes this past week and things are shaking out to be amazing. I have no idea what I’m doing in terms of training, but two weeks ago, I did a 7 mile run and my longest Ragnar leg is 7.5 miles, so I think I’m in a good place. I was hoping to do 6 miles this weekend, but again it’s full of lots of kid stuff, so I’m thinking to take the opportunity to do a two separate run type day. 3 miles in the morning and 3 in the evening. That sounds good, right? I was looking at my race legs and my last leg goes around Mission Bay and should be pretty awesome. My legs are 5.2, 2.2 and 7.5 for 14.9 total. I’ve got one of the least amount of miles, 3 runners go over 20!
3. I’ll have to do some introductions around her of my super fun team… Most of the group is people who were at Fitbloggin last June or who we’ve met through other blogger channels. I’m in Van 2 with Jamie, Melissa, Tammy, Jill and Debbie… so much fun is going to be had.
4. Dude is running his first official 5K this weekend! He’s pretty excited about an official timed race. I’m not going to run and am just going to cheer him on (and then whisk him to his 9:00 basketball game – that’s pretty normal, right?). We’re talking lots of race strategy around here. He can do a mile in about 8:30, so we’ve figured that translates to about a 9:30 5K pace. I think he gets the pacing part and will start slower and ramp up. We’ll see. There’s a big hill at mile 2.5, I think I forgot to tell him about that. Ooops. I’ll let you know how it goes. He’s hoping to come in under 30 minutes and I think that’s very doable.
5. I haven’t mentioned Dancing Girl at all… she’s great. Four weeks until the first dance competition and we’re in full Dance Moms mode around here. Oh, maybe that’s just me. She’s working her butt off and comes home sore every day. That kid has some serious muscles.
That’s about it. Happy Friday everyone.